Decor Wreckers by Scorpio Software

General software. From trouble with the Banyan Tree to OCP Art Studio, post any general software chat here. Could include game challenges...
PeteProdge
Bugaboo

Decor Wreckers by Scorpio Software

Post by PeteProdge »

Sometimes you don't need to do a download to discover something is a terrible game. Decor Wreckers certainly is, and it's been covered this week by ChinnyVision...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5mVo_LQyWI
Reheated Pixels - a combination of retrogaming, comedy and factual musing, is here!
New video: Nine ZX Spectrum magazine controversies - How Crash, Your Sinclair and Sinclair User managed to offend the world!
Ast A. Moore
Rick Dangerous

Re: Decor Wreckers by Scorpio Software

Post by Ast A. Moore »

It’s that bad, but 20KB? What is it, compiled BASIC? And why does the computer reset if you press the BREAK key?
Every man should plant a tree, build a house, and write a ZX Spectrum game.

Author of A Yankee in Iraq, a 50 fps shoot-’em-up—the first game to utilize the floating bus on the +2A/+3,
and zasm Z80 Assembler syntax highlighter.
Ralf
Rick Dangerous

Post by Ralf »

Looks like some program in Basic like everyone of us was writing ;)
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

I'm afraid I quite like this!

It's probably compiled BASIC as it plays far to fast, given a few tweaks it could be at least okay.

I wouldn't feel swindled if I paid 3 spond for it these days, £1.99 was harder to come by BITD so I probably would have suffered buyer's regret in 1984.
MatGubbins
Dynamite Dan

Post by MatGubbins »

R-Tape wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 3:25 pm I'm afraid I quite like this!

It's probably compiled BASIC as it plays far to fast, given a few tweaks it could be at least okay.

I wouldn't feel swindled if I paid 3 spond for it these days, £1.99 was harder to come by BITD so I probably would have suffered buyer's regret in 1984.
Is there a downloader's regret for us that download it, play it and delete it?
It looks like a good idea, but its that just finished the wall and a spider walks down it that makes me want to overwrite the cassette with another version of Lerm (or something)
chinnyhill10
Drutt

Post by chinnyhill10 »

R-Tape wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 3:25 pm

Got a video out of it and came out of the shop with something. But it ain't great. There's a self published title I got at the same time I need to investigate as well.