Change keys in Uridium?

General software. From trouble with the Banyan Tree to OCP Art Studio, post any general software chat here. Could include game challenges...
stupidget
Dynamite Dan

Change keys in Uridium?

Post by stupidget »

Is it possible to change the keys in Uridium? I can see that this is brilliant shmup, but, I just can't play it with the awful default keys and why would anybody think that having Enter as the fire key was a good idea?!!!
R-Tape
Site Admin

Re: Change keys in Uridium?

Post by R-Tape »

They are rubbish aren't they!

Which emulator are you using? Many let you map the keyboard to the joystick (and maybe certain keys in some), I think FUSE has this.

I've had a look at the code and the keyread is a bit convoluted but I might be up for attempting to patch it with QAOP-Spc tonight if you're still interested.
stupidget
Dynamite Dan

Post by stupidget »

In Fuse I tried to remap QAOP-Space to the Kempston, but, when I press 3 in Uridium to Select Player 1 Joystick it returns back to the home screen.
Ast A. Moore
Rick Dangerous

Post by Ast A. Moore »

I don’t know. It works with 6, 7, 8, 9, and 0 (Sinclair Joystick), which is great. What controls do you have in mind?
Every man should plant a tree, build a house, and write a ZX Spectrum game.

Author of A Yankee in Iraq, a 50 fps shoot-’em-up—the first game to utilize the floating bus on the +2A/+3,
and zasm Z80 Assembler syntax highlighter.
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

stupidget wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 2:32 pm In Fuse I tried to remap QAOP-Space to the Kempston, but, when I press 3 in Uridium to Select Player 1 Joystick it returns back to the home screen.
I think it 3 to select, then it returns to menu, then fire to start? Might be wrong.
stupidget
Dynamite Dan

Post by stupidget »

Looks like you have to start the game, then go into Options, change the keyboard/joystick mapping, press OK and then jump back into the action.

It would appear that even after changing the keys to QAOP I'm still utter crap at it :lol:
namco
Manic Miner

Post by namco »

Yeah, it is quite tough!

When you become better at it, be sure to check out Uridium+:
https://spectrumcomputing.co.uk/index.p ... 96&id=5528