Exolon bug

General software. From trouble with the Banyan Tree to OCP Art Studio, post any general software chat here. Could include game challenges...
MrPixel
Microbot

Exolon bug

Post by MrPixel »

i noticed a weird glitch where if you lose the game and restart, you get infinite lives, but the lives counter goes nuts. at least it happens for me on Fuse
R-Tape
Site Admin

Re: Exolon bug

Post by R-Tape »

your not using this version are you

MrPixel
Microbot

Post by MrPixel »

R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

oooops
Ast A. Moore
Rick Dangerous

Post by Ast A. Moore »

Works fine in Fuse here. Tested on several emulated machines. Maybe your copy of Exolon is corrupted?
Every man should plant a tree, build a house, and write a ZX Spectrum game.

Author of A Yankee in Iraq, a 50 fps shoot-’em-up—the first game to utilize the floating bus on the +2A/+3,
and zasm Z80 Assembler syntax highlighter.
PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

[mention]MrPixel[/mention]

Did you download it from our site? If not where did you get it from?
MrPixel
Microbot

Post by MrPixel »

PeterJ wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:11 am @MrPixel

Did you download it from our site? If not where did you get it from?
doperoms
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

I know there is a glitch in Exolon in which you can jump outside the screen at the top. It will usually crash it, but maybe other effects are possible. I dare say your version is okay but to be sure maybe use the one from this site.
PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

[mention]MrPixel[/mention], as [mention]R-Tape[/mention] says try the one from our site. And let us know if you get the same results.
Ralf
Rick Dangerous

Post by Ralf »

try the one from our site
You may wonder why it is so important to get Exolon here and not on Doperoms or other warez site.

So let me explain. Spectrum games were usually protected in some way from being broken into and freely copied. Of course there were also hackers/crackers who broke these protections , put their signatures into games and so on.

Sometimes these crackers weren't as skillful as they wished. The internet is full of badly broken games which have nasty bugs or hang after some level. That's because a hacker who was playing with the source code by accident damaged something important and someone else later converted this bad version for emulator format.

From my experience it's a real nighmare for example on Amiga scene. They never did a proper job of collecting correctly working games in one place.
So you often have to try several versions after you find a working one and you learn that you have a bad version after completing 20 levels or so :evil:

Bad versions are also present in case of Spectrum games and you may have one now. So check it here as other says, this site will have a working one.
MrPixel
Microbot

Post by MrPixel »

my apologies in being so late. yes, i did try the one from here and it's a lot better.