First and final: Ocean Software

General software. From trouble with the Banyan Tree to OCP Art Studio, post any general software chat here. Could include game challenges...
PeteProdge
Bugaboo

First and final: Ocean Software

Post by PeteProdge »

A look at the first and last release of a Spectrum software house, and I thought I'd go with one of the most prolific and highly commercial companies to begin this series. Ocean Software have been around for almost the entire lifetime of the ZX Spectrum and well beyond. Arguably, the ZX Spectrum games scene is how they began.

Of course, there's a bit of ambiguity to what is actually the first game released by Ocean. And I'm going right to their very first incarnation, back in 1983 as Spectrum Games Ltd, that's still the same folk as what would become Ocean (it just changed name to that as they wanted to avoid being seen as a ZX-Spectrum-only software house, what with the Vic 20 being another viable platform at the time). I could have gone with purely the Ocean brand, and it seems Kong was the first game under that label.

The trouble we have in identifying the first game, is because the first thing Spectrum Games did was to advertise four dubious arcade conversions for sale in Your Computer magazine, appealing for mail order requests and then get them sent out within 28 days (or return the cheque/PO if unavailable).

I have the excellent Ocean - The History book and there's no single identifiable game from this bunch as the definitive first...
  • Cosmic Intruders (MIA)
  • Road Frog
  • Rocket Command
  • Monster Muncher
The MIA status of Cosmic Intruders makes me wonder if it ever existed. There's no evidence for it being on the Spectrum or even on the Vic 20. Maybe it was a case of returned cheques for those who ordered it. From the wording of the title and the advert's description, it's safe to say it was a Space Invaders clone. I'd have thought it'd have been quite heavily in demand.

All three of these games fitted into 16K. Graphics are very UDGish and really, the gameplay is just a level above those hand-held electronic games. It's all machine code, but does have that 'compiled BASIC' feel to it. Certainly, these games could pretty much be replicated in actual BASIC (albeit with a significant speed decrease of course). This feels like I'm having a go, but really, in 1983, much of the marketplace was like this, arcade knock-offs were everywhere, and this output from Ocean is fairly commendable.

Other titles listed as Spectrum Games releases - Caterpilla; Frenzy; Galaxy Invaders (MIA); Hopper (MIA) and Missile Attack (MIA). The first two are clones of arcade games Centipede and Berzerk respectively. As for the MIA stuff - was Galaxy Invaders another attempt to do Space Invaders? Hopper just seems to be Frogger again, and Missile Attack could well be Missile Command.

Road Frog
Unsurprisingly, a Frogger clone. Sadly, I think this is the worst of the bunch, due to some questionable collision detection on the logs. I've seen myself wiped out for no reason when sitting comfortably - no moving - on a top row log and even when I'm just sitting at the bottom of the screen. Some fairly smooth scrolling from the cars and logs, although the same can't be said for your sprite, which moves across the 8x8 cells.
Interestingly, the lorries are advertising Hopper. Either this is to advertise another upcoming game or this game really was called Hopper but just got renamed.

Rocket Attack
Here's a paradox. This appears to be a rip-off of a rip-off. It's obviously trying to be Defender, but it seems that someone out there hacked 1982's Orbiter by Silversoft and punted it over to Spectrum Games. Orbiter's programmer Andrew Glaister was unaware of this. Bizarrely, the hack has pretty much diminished the qualities of Orbiter, as there's no radar. There is an advantage in that the landscape uses higher res graphics, but that's about it.
Whether you're playing Orbiter or Rocket Attack, don't expect any improvement on the arcade inspiration from 1980. It's certainly not smooth scrolling and the speed is way down. It's a rather so-so effort. You'll have more fun with Special FX's Hyper Active on a Sinclair User cover tape, although that'd be about five years later.

Monster Muncher
Here we go with a Pac Man clone, which must have been one of a trillion released on home computers at the time. It's a notch or two better than the infamously terrible official conversion of Pac Man on the Atari 2600, but there are certainly better versions out on the Speccy.
This one is rather odd as they cram in four pills to a space rather than just the one, also power pellets are in pairs rather than just the one. While the power pellet issue has no discernable drawback (you eat each pair as one), there are times when you end up leaving a pill or two behind in your sweep of the maze. Another annoying issue is that you can have more than one ghost occupying the same position, but it'll always look like just one ghost.

Out of the three of them, I'd say Rocket Attack is just about the best, very closely followed by Monster Muncher. Road Frog gets the thumbs down from me for the weird death issues.

The concept of 'First and final' is to compare how well the company progressed from their first release to their last one. Obviously, in nearly all cases, this is going to be an objective improvement. And none so clear here, for a highly recognisable software house whose Speccy output spanned for nearly a decade.

Discovering their final release was a bit tricky. I don't count re-releases or compilations. Ocean had dispensed with their Imagine brand in 1989, with the utterly lamentable Renegade III being the last Speccy effort to carry the logo. In the nineties, the output from 6 Central Street had obviously decreased as they focused heavily on the rapidly increasing 16-bit market.

Ocean spat out just three Speccy games in 1992. Robocop 3, Space Gun and the Addams Family. It seems pretty clear that The Addams Family was the final release.

This powerhouse of gaming started out issuing questionable arcade knock-offs for the 16K Speccy, Vic 20 and BBC (actually, they didn't really bother with the BBC in the end as their initial feedback showed Beeb users were very thin on the ground), before rebranding about three months later as Ocean, still with some dubious arcade clones and then going legit with Hunchback, acquiring the remains of Imagine and gambling on a fairly unknown athlete called Daley Thompson who just happened to be pretty damned good at this Olympic games lark. That set the trend for Ocean's fortunes and they became a behemoth, and whether you like it or not, they took the 8-bit gaming market into a world of licensed tie-ins that spanned coin-op conversions and movies. The odd telly title would also be in there.

As the Speccy came to the end of its commercial life, it's not surprising that Ocean's output went 128K-only. (1991's Smash TV was their final 48K-compatible release, the only one of that year.) The window between full-price and the second outing on the budget re-release had gone from years to a matter of months. The Addams Family got a Hit Squad release later in the year...

The Addams Family
I played this movie-tie-in platformer for the first time, today. It's very commendable for being so colourful, yet that is also a bit of a disadvantage as it can be very hard to learn where your sprite is, along with the enemies. Also, they've turned this flip screen across all 8-bit versions. The 16-bit incarnations are fully scrolling and highly celebrated. The levels are very different there, and so us lot on the Speccy/Amstrad/C64 side of things are in the same boat. It's pretty good for its time, but having experienced Rainbow Islands and New Zealand Story from Ocean, it makes me wonder why they couldn't have tried a multi-way scroller effort.
This feels like Jet Set Willy with the visual Halloween cliches of Ghosts N Goblins, with some baddy bashing that comes straight out of Super Mario Bros (annoying you have to jump onto their heads). The baddies reappear when you return to a screen, which gives me that 'fly-swatting' feeling that turns me away from many classic games (like Atic Atac). It's not too bad, but if Ocean were to follow the 'go out on a high' maxim, Rainbow Islands would have been their last.

I did have WWF Wrestlemania at the time, which I really enjoyed. (I'm bemused by American wrestling, and the games are nearly always fun to play.) That was largely a clone of Technos's WWF-licensed arcade efforts, albeit pretty cut-down. WWF Wrestlemania on the Speccy has you in an empty arena!

Broadly speaking, Ocean technically improved and innovated their output as they went along. I can't blame them for issuing out compilations throughout 1993. I think they deserve a hat tip for being a major player in the Spectrum's history, although I think they could have finished out on some better effort!
Reheated Pixels - a combination of retrogaming, comedy and factual musing, is here!
New video: Nine ZX Spectrum magazine controversies - How Crash, Your Sinclair and Sinclair User managed to offend the world!
Ralf
Rick Dangerous

Re: First and final: Ocean Software

Post by Ralf »

Yes, Ocean was great.

There were discussion about best Spectrum publisher in the past. I would say till let's say 1985 it was ultimate but later it was Ocean.

I don't feel myself educated enough to say which was first Ocean game especially as they changed names as you say. So I'll be watching this thread ;)
PeteProdge
Bugaboo

Post by PeteProdge »

Ralf wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:57 pmThere were discussion about best Spectrum publisher in the past. I would say till let's say 1985 it was ultimate but later it was Ocean.
Can't argue with that! Ultimate absolutely owned the early Spectrum gaming scene with their original and creative innovations. They probably still would have done if they decided to stick with the Speccy, but hey, they went away of their own accord, to the console market. Ocean saw which way the wind was blowing and just took off on the demand for movie and arcade licenses. And did it really well most of the time. A huge colossus of gaming across multiple platforms.
Ralf wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:57 pmI don't feel myself educated enough to say which was first Ocean game especially as they changed names as you say. So I'll be watching this thread ;)
I suppose it may be Rocket Attack, as it's pretty clear the original code existed as Silversoft's Orbiter and it was a cheap hack of that! The Ocean History book paints a picture of wheeling-and-dealing 'programmers', including one at a trade show who stiffed Ocean for a £5,000 exclusive on what was apparently his creation - which was also sold to other software labels at the same show!
Reheated Pixels - a combination of retrogaming, comedy and factual musing, is here!
New video: Nine ZX Spectrum magazine controversies - How Crash, Your Sinclair and Sinclair User managed to offend the world!
Morkin
Bugaboo

Post by Morkin »

Nice thread idea.

Ocean weren't my favourite software house, though I did enjoy a few of their 8,000,182 or so releases.

Would be interesting to see the average ratings of a software house's games, year on year. Any volunteers to create a line graph? :lol:
My Speccy site: thirdharmoniser.com
Juan F. Ramirez
Bugaboo

Post by Juan F. Ramirez »

Ocean was a very important company in Spectrum history. Prolific, but also full of arguable movie licenses, mostly in the last years. I prefer their 1984-87 games, in which only one of them based on a film: Cobra. Others: Decathlon, The Great Escape, Batman, Super Test...

For me, there are companies with less output, but an average higher quality, for example Vortex, Hewson or, of course, Ultimate.

Edit: The Great Escape is also supposed to be based on a film, sorry! :roll:
Rorthron
Dynamite Dan

Post by Rorthron »

Morkin's right: this is a great idea for a thread.

I guess Ultimate's first and last looks a bit different from Ocean's: from Jetpac to Bubbler.
Pegaz
Dynamite Dan

Post by Pegaz »

I like the idea, too. :)
In fact, we might first need to clarify the long-standing dilemma, which is the first and the latest commercially released Spectrum game?
I remember my friend (big c64 fan, btw) asked me this question and I didnt know how to answer it.
He told me that the first c64 game is Jupiter Lander (on cartridge) and the last was Lemmings from 1994.
Can we also reliably detect the first and last Spectrum released game?
Juan F. Ramirez
Bugaboo

As to the what's the first released commercial game, the book 'El Mundo del Spectrum' (by Manuel J. Rico et al) mentions that the Spectrum was released in april '82 with no commercial released programs. In the beginning of this sumner (always according to this book) the two first commercial releases for the Spectrum were Spectral Invaders by Bug Byte and Fortune by AVC Software. This last game is MIA:

https://spectrumcomputing.co.uk/index ... &id=18960

A curious story.
Juan F. Ramirez
Bugaboo

And it's difficult to stablish the final of the commercial era, as it's supposed to be 1993, but there was a company that sold text adventure games by mail in 1994, 95...
PeteProdge
Bugaboo

Post by PeteProdge »

Pegaz wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:36 pm I like the idea, too. :)
In fact, we might first need to clarify the long-standing dilemma, which is the first and the latest commercially released Spectrum game?
I remember my friend (big c64 fan, btw) asked me this question and I didnt know how to answer it.
He told me that the first c64 game is Jupiter Lander (on cartridge) and the last was Lemmings from 1994.
Can we also reliably detect the first and last Spectrum released game?
Lemmings was out for the Spectrum in 1991, as was the Commodore 64 version. I have to grit my teeth and say the Commodore 64's game scene may have gone further than the Speccy. Certainly, it had Commodore Format magazine being published right until October 1995. A lot of it did resemble the dying era of Your Sinclair and so it was largely hobbyist. (Also looked up the Amstrad out of curiosity - Amstrad Action breathed its late in June 1995, which is really eye-opening!)

I believe the last full price game for the ZX Spectrum that you would find in a UK mainstream shop was Nigel Mansell's World Championship by Gremlin, released in Spring 1993.

Mind you, there's also Doctor Who: Dalek Attack from Admiral Software, listed as a 1992 game as it was probably coded then, but due for release in early 1993... It got canned, then a readers' petition from YS (I think) got it a kind of commercial release in late 1993. It was certainly reviewed by YS in July of that year.

Budget label Beyond Belief, based in Rushden in Northamptonshire, certainly put out original games in 1993. They may well have put out the final original ZX Spectrum games to actual brick-and-mortar shops in the UK.

Aside from compilations and budget-priced re-releases of full price games (fairly sure a few of Ocean and US Gold's final offerings got spat out by Hit Squad/Kixx in that post-Your-Sinclair time of 1993), I'd say the last commercial game was Doctor Who: Dalek Attack.
Pegaz
Dynamite Dan

Post by Pegaz »

Thanks, I didnt know about these interesting information.
I also thought that Nigel Mansel might be a latest commercial game, but now we know it was Dalek Attack.
Well, it remains to clarify what is the first Spectrum game or Spectral Invaders is still the most serious candidate?

btw, I'm not sure you're right about Lemmings (by Psygnosis) for c64.
According to this information, the game was released in 1994 and it looks like it has a big chance of being the last (or one of the last) full-priced commercial games for c64.
http://www.gamebase64.com/game.php?id=4344&d=18
PeteProdge
Bugaboo

Post by PeteProdge »

Pegaz wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:41 am Thanks, I didnt know about these interesting information.
I also thought that Nigel Mansel might be a latest commercial game, but now we know it was Dalek Attack.
Hmm, having thought about it, it seems Doctor Who: Dalek Attack was only available through mail order in the end, from what I see in YS. It had been intended as a shop-bound release, but got pulled from that and it was only YS's campaigning that got it a release and it really does seem that you had to buy through mail order. I don't count mail order as commercially significant, anyone can do that (and indeed, Jonathan Cauldwell still does today).

I think Gremlin have got this with Nigel Mansell's World Championship. Which incidentally was the first game I played on the Amiga 1200 I bought when I decided to move on from the Speccy.
Pegaz wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:41 amWell, it remains to clarify what is the first Spectrum game or Spectral Invaders is still the most serious candidate?
I didn't have a clue as to the first ever commercially-released Spectrum game and can't confirm anything, but I've given Spectral Invaders a go and it's pretty damned good if it holds that accolade. Considering the first game most early Speccy users would have played would be Thru The Wall on the Horizons tape, it's quite a leap forward.
Pegaz wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:41 am btw, I'm not sure you're right about Lemmings (by Psygnosis) for c64.
According to this information, the game was released in 1994 and it looks like it has a big chance of being the last (or one of the last) full-priced commercial games for c64.
http://www.gamebase64.com/game.php?id=4344&d=18
You are indeed right. That C64 wiki site I linked to seems to have taken the year of release from the lead version (Amiga I think). Pretty amazing to think the Speccy version came out a long time before the Commodore!
MrPixel
Microbot

Post by MrPixel »

i find point #2 laughable given the vic's sound capabilities
PaulJ
Microbot

Post by PaulJ »

I know that Orbiter (Silversoft) was written before the Spectrum was commercially available. The author Andrew Glaister wrote it out on paper first, and when he got the machine, he quickly typed it all in and released it. Maybe a contender?
Paul Jenkinson | The Spectrum Show & other stuff!
Pegaz
Dynamite Dan

Post by Pegaz »

I didn't have a clue as to the first ever commercially-released Spectrum game and can't confirm anything, but I've given Spectral Invaders a go and it's pretty damned good if it holds that accolade. Considering the first game most early Speccy users would have played would be Thru The Wall on the Horizons tape, it's quite a leap forward.
I'm not sure at all that Thru the wall is the first Spectrum game.
Somewhat I read that Sinclair did not deliver Horizons with Spectrum during 1982, but later.
If that's true, then Spectral Invaders is definitely the first one.
You are indeed right. That C64 wiki site I linked to seems to have taken the year of release from the lead version (Amiga I think). Pretty amazing to think the Speccy version came out a long time before the Commodore!
Well, c64 Lemmings is a remarkable achievement, compared to the average b/w Speccy conversion.
The introductory demo is a really good, almost Amiga quality.
The game definitely came out at the end of the 1993 or early 1994.
Both GB64 and Lemon database referring to the same.
MrPixel wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:27 pm i find point #2 laughable given the vic's sound capabilities
What point #2 and vic sound ???
PeteProdge
Bugaboo

Post by PeteProdge »

PaulJ wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:56 pm I know that Orbiter (Silversoft) was written before the Spectrum was commercially available. The author Andrew Glaister wrote it out on paper first, and when he got the machine, he quickly typed it all in and released it. Maybe a contender?
The first magazine reviews for Orbiter were in early 1983, whereas Spectral Invaders had reviews around Aug-Sep 1982.

Orbiter was certainly advertised in late 1982, but doesn't seem to have got into the wild until 1983.
PaulJ
Microbot

Post by PaulJ »

PeteProdge wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:46 pm
PaulJ wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:56 pm I know that Orbiter (Silversoft) was written before the Spectrum was commercially available. The author Andrew Glaister wrote it out on paper first, and when he got the machine, he quickly typed it all in and released it. Maybe a contender?
The first magazine reviews for Orbiter were in early 1983, whereas Spectral Invaders had reviews around Aug-Sep 1982.

Orbiter was certainly advertised in late 1982, but doesn't seem to have got into the wild until 1983.
Interesting. If Spectral Invaders was being reviewed in Aug/Sep, then there must be cases of games before that as the Speccy was released in April!
Paul Jenkinson | The Spectrum Show & other stuff!
PeteProdge
Bugaboo

Post by PeteProdge »

PaulJ wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:54 pm Interesting. If Spectral Invaders was being reviewed in Aug/Sep, then there must be cases of games before that as the Speccy was released in April!
Well, it's not as clear cut as that. That era took a while to have computer games on shop shelves. The earliest computer magazines didn't cover gaming as priority, it's almost a footnote. You could acquire games by mail order or at computer enthusiasts' events. The most common way was to use magazine type-in listings. Throughout much of 1982, the ZX Spectrum gaming scene was hobbyist (a bit like today). It took a while for shop chains to be convinced of the commercial value that computer games could provide. Crash magazine didn't start until early 1984. The superb documentary From Bedrooms To Billions covers this really well.
MrPixel
Microbot

Post by MrPixel »

Pegaz wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:09 pm
I'm not sure at all that Thru the wall is the first Spectrum game.
Somewhat I read that Sinclair did not deliver Horizons with Spectrum during 1982, but later.
If that's true, then Spectral Invaders is definitely the first one.
Well, c64 Lemmings is a remarkable achievement, compared to the average b/w Speccy conversion.
The introductory demo is a really good, almost Amiga quality.
The game definitely came out at the end of the 1993 or early 1994.
Both GB64 and Lemon database referring to the same.
MrPixel wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:27 pm i find point #2 laughable given the vic's sound capabilities
What point #2 and vic sound ???
I'm referring to the features stated about the game. the Vic 20 computer has barebones sound when compared to the c64 and 128. therefore, how can they promise great sound. they are selling a lie
Vampyre
Manic Miner

Post by Vampyre »

Although it doesn't really mean all that much, as titles might not have been submitted for review, the earliest review of a Spectrum title in the ZXSR database was in C+VG for...

Spectral Invaders in Issue 10 - August 1982. (Ignore that the SPOT-ON database has reviews from earlier issues (Pyramid of Doom and Savage Island - they are not Speccy reviews)).

Sinclair User didn't start reviewing Speccy software until December 1982.
ZX Spectrum Reviews REST API: http://zxspectrumreviews.co.uk/
eudemian
Drutt

Post by eudemian »

The first Ocean game, strictly speaking, was Kong as it was the first released under the Ocean title. Although there were inlays printed for Spectrum Games KONG but never used. The first title under Spectrum Games was Road Frog as this was the first title completed (early Nov 1982) and duplicated for Spectrum Games. The next was Monster Muncher and Caterpilla followed by Frenzy. There was a bit of a rush to get the games to the tape duplicators so I quickly wrote a few lines of basic to plot the loading screen which is why all Spectrum Games load screens looks like vector graphics. I had written my own graphic editor for the parts that couldn’t be created with the basic plot command and we bought a copy of Melbourne Draw later for the screens but I kept the basic theme. (The only reason for the load screen look was the film Time Bandits, I liked the poster art which had a perspective plot but it was a bit empty so added a pyramid which was easy to plot given I already wrote the plot basic whilst messing around one day previously)

How do I know this? I was there and wrote Road Frog, helped David review the games coming in and mastered all games for duplication including the loader and creating the load screen (I was never known for my graphic abilities). Road Frog was my very first game so I accept and forgive the criticism. There was a ZX81 version of Road Frog but David Ward didn’t want to release ZX81 games. A Missile Command like game was late and eventually released as Armageddon under Ocean following the name change. (Another quickly cobbled load screen but no pyramid this time). Some games in the early adverts were what we came to call vapourware.

I have been rummaging through my loft and have all the mastered Spectrum Games titles except Rocket Command that I put away at the time. The mint ones are at a picture frame shop for framing but these are spares.

We eventually became organised and had tape inlays printed for masters and pre production samples. Here is a cropped picture of the first printed preprod inlay (printed around Aug/Sept 83) whilst still at the old building and I was still using them when we moved.

Paul
Ralf
Rick Dangerous

Post by Ralf »

Hi, welcome to the forums !

I guess you may have quite a lot of interesting stories to tell :)
Vampyre
Manic Miner

Post by Vampyre »

Excellent post, thoroughly enjoyed that.

Dunno if I'd call Daley Thompson a "little known" athlete in 1984. By the time the game came out he'd already won Commonwealth, European, World and Olympic Golds, won 1982's BBC Sport Personality of the Year and been given an MBE in 1983. Along with Carl Lewis, Maradonna and Seb Coe I would say he was one of the most recognisable athletes in the world across all sports. Having his face on it was a massive endorsement of the game at the time.
ZX Spectrum Reviews REST API: http://zxspectrumreviews.co.uk/
Einar Saukas
Bugaboo

Post by Einar Saukas »

eudemian wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:54 am The first Ocean game, strictly speaking, was Kong as it was the first released under the Ocean title. Although there were inlays printed for Spectrum Games KONG but never used. The first title under Spectrum Games was Road Frog as this was the first title completed (early Nov 1982) and duplicated for Spectrum Games. The next was Monster Muncher and Caterpilla followed by Frenzy. There was a bit of a rush to get the games to the tape duplicators so I quickly wrote a few lines of basic to plot the loading screen which is why all Spectrum Games load screens looks like vector graphics. I had written my own graphic editor for the parts that couldn’t be created with the basic plot command and we bought a copy of Melbourne Draw later for the screens but I kept the basic theme. (The only reason for the load screen look was the film Time Bandits, I liked the poster art which had a perspective plot but it was a bit empty so added a pyramid which was easy to plot given I already wrote the plot basic whilst messing around one day previously)

How do I know this? I was there and wrote Road Frog, helped David review the games coming in and mastered all games for duplication including the loader and creating the load screen (I was never known for my graphic abilities). Road Frog was my very first game so I accept and forgive the criticism. There was a ZX81 version of Road Frog but David Ward didn’t want to release ZX81 games. A Missile Command like game was late and eventually released as Armageddon under Ocean following the name change. (Another quickly cobbled load screen but no pyramid this time). Some games in the early adverts were what we came to call vapourware.

I have been rummaging through my loft and have all the mastered Spectrum Games titles except Rocket Command that I put away at the time. The mint ones are at a picture frame shop for framing but these are spares.

We eventually became organised and had tape inlays printed for masters and pre production samples. Here is a cropped picture of the first printed preprod inlay (printed around Aug/Sept 83) whilst still at the old building and I was still using them when we moved.

Paul
Welcome!

Releases from Spectrum Games are listed here (just click on each game title to see further details):

https://spectrumcomputing.co.uk/index.p ... l_id=13639

We currently don't have author names for some of these titles, including Road Frog. This information is also missing from other game databases that I checked (like MobyGames). Could you please provide this information?

It will be even better if you can also provide each author's role(s) for each title, according to this list:
  • Code
  • Game Design/Concept
  • In-game Graphics
  • Inlay/Poster Art
  • Level Design
  • Load Screen
  • Localization/Translation
  • Music
  • Sound Effects
  • Story Writing
ZXDunny
Manic Miner

Post by ZXDunny »

eudemian wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:54 am I have been rummaging through my loft and have all the mastered Spectrum Games titles except Rocket Command that I put away at the time. The mint ones are at a picture frame shop for framing but these are spares.
If you have a copy of Cosmic Intruders, it may be worthwhile getting in touch with one of the preservation chaps - the game is currently MIA and we'd love to get it archived if that's acceptable to you.