Vague dreams of a game!- arrghh!

General software. From trouble with the Banyan Tree to OCP Art Studio, post any general software chat here. Could include game challenges...
bogbot
Drutt

Vague dreams of a game!- arrghh!

Post by bogbot »

Hi all, really could do with some help.

I've been caught up in a world of nostalgia the last few days and have pieced together several childhood memories of spectrum game playing. I felt like i got a chunk of my life back when i saw a screen shot of cookie!

I'm really struggling to remember one game though and its haunting me currently.

It was very loosely like cybernoid in appearance, though not quite as high paced - also like NOMAD. From what remember you seemed to be a ship of some kind and it was circular and either orange or yellow in colour with a lazer type weapon. You used it to navigate a multiscreen maze type world where there were challenges on each screen and you would have to go back on yourself sometimes to make progress.

I seem to remember there being laser barriers that would kill you if you happened to float into them that you could switch off if you found a way. I also remember thicker walls that you could shoot through if you wanted, but that your lazer type weapon was narrow and you could shoot a gap all the way through a wall without actually being able to fit through yourself.

A key thing through is at certain times at end of level or part way through you would seem to teleport and when you did this the screen would peel of lots of different colours covering the whole screen one at a time and play a sound that made you think you were falling before you arrive at the next part of the game

Besides this i'm struggling, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I remember being ill of school in bed and my parent actually move the whole computer into my room for a week or so - this game drove me mad - i was only 7 of so - probably mid-late 80s.
MatGubbins
Dynamite Dan

Re: Vague dreams of a game!- arrghh!

Post by MatGubbins »

Nonterraqueous
bogbot
Drutt

Post by bogbot »

thankyou! spot on. no wonder i didn't remember the name as a kid!

so the colours were bombs - i remember now!
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

I have very vivid memories of Nonterraquous too. I played it a disproportionate amount, maybe it was just a reliable tape!

You can even vote for it in next week's poll...