Weetabix vs The Titchies

General software. From trouble with the Banyan Tree to OCP Art Studio, post any general software chat here. Could include game challenges...
PeteProdge
Bugaboo

Weetabix vs The Titchies

Post by PeteProdge »

Weetabix vs The Titchies was a branded game you could get from breakfast cereal maker Weetabix for £2.75 if you were part of the Weetabix Club. It was made for the ZX Spectrum, Commodore 64, Amstrad, BBC and Dragon 32.

It was a diabolical Space-Invaders-inspired game with very little originality. It utilised the 'skinhead' Weetabix characters who were fronting all of the cereal's advertising throughout much of the 1980s.

ChinnyVision has covered the Spectrum version, along with the others (excepting Dragon 32) in their newest video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afqyvTC0tQI
Reheated Pixels - a combination of retrogaming, comedy and factual musing, is here!
New video: Nine ZX Spectrum magazine controversies - How Crash, Your Sinclair and Sinclair User managed to offend the world!
R-Tape
Site Admin

Re: Weetabix vs The Titchies

Post by R-Tape »

Nice video, I’d only seen the Spectrum version before. It looks like the most effort went into the C64 version for graphics, gameplay and (it’s all relative) sound.

I happened to play this recently and was also disappointed by the fact that it wasn’t the usual impossible difficulty. It meant I made progress and had to keep playing, only to lose about 9 or 10 levels in with a sense of relief.

Totally agree that it’s a wasted opportunity, the Weetabix gang could have been brought together in some kind of character swapping adventure game. If only Don Priestley got his hands on it…