The best classic Speccy games A-Z thing

General software. From trouble with the Banyan Tree to OCP Art Studio, post any general software chat here. Could include game challenges...
PeteProdge
Bugaboo

The best classic Speccy games A-Z thing

Post by PeteProdge »

We're about halfway through this project, so time to take a breather and a look at what we've done so far...

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Pretty, ain't it?

We've got 14 more games to go. (Yes, N-Z is 13, but I'm also going to use '#' as a 'letter' for all the numeric-initialled titles, like 180 by Mastertronic and 720 by US Gold.)

For the record, the list currently is...

Atic Atac by Ultimate
Bomb Jack by Elite
Chase HQ by Ocean
Deathchase by Micromega
Exolon by Hewson
Fairlight by The Edge
Great Escape, The by Ocean
Hobbit, The by Melbourne House
Into The Eagle's Nest by Pandora
Jetpac by Ultimate
Knight Lore by Ultimate
Lords Of Midnight, The by Beyond
Manic Miner by Bug Byte/Software Projects

The N vote will start on Tuesday morning btw...
Reheated Pixels - a combination of retrogaming, comedy and factual musing, is here!
New video: Nine ZX Spectrum magazine controversies - How Crash, Your Sinclair and Sinclair User managed to offend the world!
Juan F. Ramirez
Bugaboo

Re: The best classic Speccy games A-Z thing

Post by Juan F. Ramirez »

Cool pic!

It'll be great when all the letters are done 8-)

Fair winners (except letter *cough* F *cough*)

*suffers an asthma attack*
bob_fossil
Manic Miner

Post by bob_fossil »

I tried casting a 'Disbelieve' spell on the 'C' square but sadly to no avail. :)
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

I was about to praise Pete for the weekly grind of doing the discussion then vote threads, lauding what a contribution it is to our burgeoning little site.

But I have to agree with bob, the "C" vote is a travesty that happened on his watch and needs to be accounted for.

It's all very disappointing.
PeteProdge
Bugaboo

Post by PeteProdge »

R-Tape wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:00 pm I was about to praise Pete for the weekly grind of doing the discussion then vote threads, lauding what a contribution it is to our burgeoning little site.

But I have to agree with bob, the "C" vote is a travesty that happened on his watch and needs to be accounted for.

It's all very disappointing.
I'm completely with you on that. Chaos is my favourite game of all time, on any platform, and I'm dismayed that one single vote beat it.

Last night, to make those animated GIFs, I had to play those games and have OBS Studio capture my efforts (which I then ported over to Adobe Premiere to tweak about and festoon with letters). Playing Chase HQ was really painful. Yes, it's technically brilliant for the Speccy (although I am pretty confident that in the racing game stakes, WEC Le Mans appears to have the fastest motion ever seen on the platform) but it's underwhelming for me. Highly repetitive and quite frustrating.
Reheated Pixels - a combination of retrogaming, comedy and factual musing, is here!
New video: Nine ZX Spectrum magazine controversies - How Crash, Your Sinclair and Sinclair User managed to offend the world!
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

It's a great image, can't wait to see all 27 (not that I'm wishing my life away).

"Into the Eagle's Nest" is the only one that looks anomalous to me. Maybe it's just me but it looks like a classic that a large number of people haven't heard of.
PeteProdge
Bugaboo

Post by PeteProdge »

R-Tape wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:27 pm"Into the Eagle's Nest" is the only one that looks anomalous to me. Maybe it's just me but it looks like a classic that a large number of people haven't heard of.
Yeah, it was just that and The Great Escape that I had never played before. Also, I've never really been able to, like, do anything substantial in Lords Of Midnight.
PeteProdge
Bugaboo

Post by PeteProdge »

Last edited by PeteProdge on Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Juan F. Ramirez
Bugaboo

Post by Juan F. Ramirez »

Wow! Wow! WOW!

Cool work!
djnzx48
Manic Miner

Post by djnzx48 »

ImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage