The best classic Speccy game beginning with O: discussion

General software. From trouble with the Banyan Tree to OCP Art Studio, post any general software chat here. Could include game challenges...
Vampyre
Manic Miner

Re: The best classic Speccy game beginning with O: discussion

Post by Vampyre »

stupidget wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:19 pm
PeteProdge wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:40 pm It's wack-a-mole, isn't it? And not in a good way. It'd be slightly better with a mouse.
Yep, that's the perfect description of it. Was there ever a version that worked with either the Genius or AMX Mouse?
Not sure about mouse control but there was a version that worked with the lightgun (Magnum Light Phaser) that came with the +2 Action Pack. I've got it in my loft.
ZX Spectrum Reviews REST API: http://zxspectrumreviews.co.uk/
PeteProdge
Bugaboo

Re: The best classic Speccy game beginning with O: discussion

Post by PeteProdge »

Vampyre wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:58 am Not sure about mouse control but there was a version that worked with the lightgun (Magnum Light Phaser) that came with the +2 Action Pack. I've got it in my loft.
Bizarrely, there was a small corner shop in my town, around 1992, which sold the Magnum Light Phaser pack with those games. Yep, everything but the +2 of course, I think it cost me eight quid.

I don't think I bothered for more than half-an-hour with each game, and that includes Operation Wolf which I thought would at least be the best.

The light gun was, well, very very light in weight and felt too much like a toy. It wasn't all that accurate either.
Reheated Pixels - a combination of retrogaming, comedy and factual musing, is here!
New video: Nine ZX Spectrum magazine controversies - How Crash, Your Sinclair and Sinclair User managed to offend the world!