Game of the day...

General software. From trouble with the Banyan Tree to OCP Art Studio, post any general software chat here. Could include game challenges...
DouglasReynholm
Manic Miner

Re: Game of the day...

Post by DouglasReynholm »

ianace wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 10:33 pm
I have introduced my 6 year old and nine year old to gauntlet two , they love it! Played in grey 128k +2
, with 2 joysticks, they love the seeming never ending levels , great two player game.
I found it a hugely playable conversion back in the day, great game to get the kids introduced to the charms of 8 bit.
1 x

ianace
Dizzy

Post by ianace »

Yeah I like the fact that as long as you both do not die at the same time the players keep re-spawning , keeps the interest I wonder how many levels there are ? We have been up to 35!
0 x

WIWC
Manic Miner

Post by WIWC »

Juan F. Ramirez wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 8:01 pm
WIWC wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 6:36 pm
Juan F. Ramirez wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:52 pm
Interesting, never heard of that game.
You say it every single time.
https://www.worldofspectrum.org/forums/ ... ent_931958
Haha, that's true. It's one of my english 'canned' phrases I use it as a robot (but it's true, I've never heard of them! :mrgreen: )

By the way, are you ok?, it's been a long time since you last posted here, glad to see here again!
I post the games I play on Twitter. I have Zythum loading screen as avatar. I should have posted them here too maybe.
1 x

R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

Pentacorn Quest. Some of the puzzles are great, and set it well apart from a 'regular' churro. Still haven't completed it after all these years.
1 x

DouglasReynholm
Manic Miner

Post by DouglasReynholm »

R-Tape wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 2:23 pm

Pentacorn Quest. Some of the puzzles are great, and set it well apart from a 'regular' churro. Still haven't completed it after all these years.
Churro?
0 x

R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

Aye it's the nickname for games made with the Mojon Twin's C Language game creator, there are a few versions of it, but it all began with La Churrera. The trademarks of a churro are 16 x 16 tiles, and moving with inertia.

Like a real churro (sorry maybe too sugary for you Doug), they can be a bit 'samey', but usually good; and you sometimes get one that's dipped in chocolate*, like Pentacorn Quest.

*analogy © hikoki
2 x

ianace
Dizzy

Post by ianace »

Other suggestion from me, kokotoni wilf- Time travelling man with wings searches through different time periods for magic crystals dinosaur age, Middle Ages, 1066 1984 and the future. Downloaded this on my Vega, now I understand key mapping (Thanks folks in the forum!) it’s good on the vega making us of the save option!

Again kids like it.

1 x

R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

R-Tape wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 2:23 pm

Completed! Though I did have to cheat on one of the puzzles. Fantastic game. The only downside is that sometimes the effect of solving a puzzle isn't clear, and text vanishes quickly because the keys aren't debounced.
0 x

Juan F. Ramirez
Rick Dangerous

Post by Juan F. Ramirez »

Android One by Vortex Software

One of the first games I played. Excellent. The only problem is too easy. I wish it had more screens.
1 x

WIWC
Manic Miner

Post by WIWC »

Snowball (1983) by Level 9.

I don't understand much of what's going on.
0 x