No image output...

For experts to discuss very technical stuff and newbies to ask why the Spectrum they bought off ebay doesn't work.
rps
Drutt

No image output...

Post by rps »

Hi,
I have a XX spectrum plus which I thought was working but just have no plug. I have one for it which works with my other spectrum.
However when it is powered on and connected to the tv (I have tried multiple Ariel cables) there is no image output at all. Nothing comes through on the screen.
One half of the keyboard makes a bleep/ crackle noise when pressed however I assume this could be the ribbon cable between so am not concerned about that just yet!

Is there an obvious reason (other than it not been tuned in!) that this might happen?

Thanks
1024MAK
Bugaboo

Re: No image output...

Post by 1024MAK »

By no plug, which plug do you mean? Mains plug? 9V DC 2.1mm barrel plug?

For 16K, 48K and + models, any of them can use any Sinclair UK1400 PSUs.

When you say “one half of the keyboard makes a bleep/ crackle noise when pressed”, do you mean the normal key click noise, or do you mean something else?

By no image, do you mean that the television continues to display static (the same as when it is not tuned in)?
Or do you mean you get a blank black screen?

The television will need to be tuned in to the computer, as every ZX Spectrum will output on a slightly different frequency within the UHF channel 36 frequency allocation. The Spectrum itself has no adjustment to change the output frequency.

Mark
:!: Standby alert :!:
“There are four lights!”
Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb :dance
Looking forward to summer later in the year.