3d prints

For experts to discuss very technical stuff and newbies to ask why the Spectrum they bought off ebay doesn't work.
Jbizzel
Dynamite Dan

3d prints

Post by Jbizzel »

Guess what we got for Christmas 😁 actually, really impressed by the print quality.

R-Tape
Site Admin

Re: 3d prints

Post by R-Tape »

Jbizzel wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 8:50 pm Image
The John Lydon of Spectrum+'s! Is that added heatsink purely cosmetic, or does it help a + model?
EdToo
Manic Miner

Post by EdToo »

That does look good quality which printer did you get?
Jbizzel
Dynamite Dan

Post by Jbizzel »

EdToo wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:53 pm That does look good quality which printer did you get?
ender 3 v3 se - a nice cheap one :)

@R-Tape It just looks cool. And makes the computer run faster ;)
Nitrowing
Manic Miner

Post by Nitrowing »

I printed one of those for a forum member but they didn't want it in the end - it's lying around in my "samples" box
oO cozy Oo
Manic Miner

Post by oO cozy Oo »

Do you want a 128k sticker for your heat sink speccy I've got one spare :D. PM me
Be Safe! Be Happy! and have some Speccy FUN!!!
oO cozy Oo
Manic Miner

Post by oO cozy Oo »

@Jbizzel how are you getting on with this printer as I'm looking at getting one the reviews look good 😊
Jbizzel
Dynamite Dan

Post by Jbizzel »

Hi, sorry for not replying.

The quality of the 3d printer is very pleasing, and they have really come down in price. I realise that photos of 3d prints don't always do justice to the quality. As the camera seems to find defects the eye ignores!

Some filament seems better than others.
oO cozy Oo
Manic Miner

Post by oO cozy Oo »

Thanks for that I'll remember about the filaments been on eBay and there's loads to choose,I'd like to do a kungfoo flash case and a case for a smart card V3 plus another 128k heatsink lol
Joefish
Rick Dangerous

Post by Joefish »

I've had a Weedo Tina2 3D printer for a year and a bit now. It's one that has a case surround rather than being an open deck. It's not completely enclosed - the back and front are open, but it keeps the dust out and doesn't knock other things off the table while it works! It's a neat compact design to have on your table top.

The print bed is quite small, but more than enough for printing this type of case. And I've done decent model railway huts, boats and tractors on it for my Dad. For around £100 it was great, but now the price has gone up and the print speed hasn't, I can't recommend buying another one. I even had to print LEGO train tracks in two halves and stick them together. But I have done some nice 5x scaled-up LEGO accessories on it for the novelty giant torch and clock minifigures I have.

I've just taken delivery of a FlashForge Adventurer 5M Pro, which is fully enclosed with internal heating and filtered fans for safer printing with ABS. I was looking at the non-pro version as it came down to £300, but that's an open case and can't do ABS. For £450 for the Pro on Amazon and a bonus in my pocket I couldn't help the extra spend! I do notice they're back up to $350 and £550 this week, so was lucky to move when I did. It's still sat in its big heavy box at home though - not sure where I'm going to put it yet! But I'm looking forward to a big reduction in printing times.
rich_r
Drutt

Post by rich_r »

I recently splashed out on a Creality Ender-3 V3 KE - very impressed so far. From opening the box to completing my first successful print (a 4x2 Lego brick) took about 30 minutes. It's got basically all the options, modifications, bells and whistles for the Ender-3 series built in. Klipper based software, wifi printing, self levelling bed etc. So far I've printed a few things (mainly models and simple tools, cable tidies, clips etc), but on my list of things to do is a case for my Spectrum diagnostics card, as I feel it's a bit unloved being a bare pcb. I'd print a case for one of my spare 48k boards but I'd still need to buy a membrane, keyboard and keyboard plate.
oO cozy Oo
Manic Miner

Post by oO cozy Oo »

So it was my birthday the weekend and I was going to get a 3d printer with the £ I got and to my surprise my wife gave me a big box, when I open it , it was a Bambu lab A3 mini :dance :dance I was well happy now to get some filament and do my little projects👍
Jbizzel
Dynamite Dan

Post by Jbizzel »

show us if you do anything Retro :)
oO cozy Oo
Manic Miner

Post by oO cozy Oo »

Jbizzel wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:35 pm show us if you do anything Retro :)
viewtopic.php?p=139774#p139774
oO cozy Oo
Manic Miner

Post by oO cozy Oo »

Jbizzel wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:35 pm show us if you do anything Retro :)
Some nice legs :lol: and some heat sinks

Daveysloan
Manic Miner

Post by Daveysloan »

I've spent quite a few years thinking about getting a 3D printer, for one reason & one reason only, to cover up my old divIDE. In the meantime, I'm using Lego ...

oO cozy Oo
Manic Miner

Post by oO cozy Oo »

Daveysloan wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:06 pm I've spent quite a few years thinking about getting a 3D printer, for one reason & one reason only, to cover up my old divIDE. In the meantime, I'm using Lego ...

Amazing :dance