Timex Sinclair 2068 measurements (length x width)?

For experts to discuss very technical stuff and newbies to ask why the Spectrum they bought off ebay doesn't work.
druellan
Dynamite Dan

Re: Timex Sinclair 2068 measurements (length x width)?

Post by druellan »

YanKleber wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:23 pm I think the possible reason is that since in Brasil we have our own version of the site (MercadoLivre) perhaps they don't allow that I deal with sellers from other countries. Go figure!
Yeah, that's odd. If you want just send me your question via private message, and I'll ask the vendor.
Last edited by druellan on Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YanKleber
Drutt

Post by YanKleber »

I just finished to recreate the whole top view of the TS-2068 entirely from the scratch with Photoshop!

:)
Yeah, I'm a berk.
YanKleber
Drutt

Post by YanKleber »

In the last two days I worked some on the top side of the case and now I am starting the bottom side. I am building it in 3mm MDF and is getting cool. I am very excited with this project and am sure that it will fulfill my expectations! Very soon I will post some pictures! Cheers!

:mrgreen:
Yeah, I'm a berk.
beanz
Microbot

Post by beanz »

YanKleber wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:49 pm
@Beanz, I don't know if they are PRETTY common... those things are becoming very rare nowadays. :?
They are always on Ebay USA..there are 4 of them on there now. I even picked one up locally off Craigslist for $50.
YanKleber
Drutt

Post by YanKleber »

So, a few months ago I finally put the things together and finished the project. Here it goes some pictures...

Enjoy! 8-)

A little background history of why I did this... initially I though of buying a real TS-2068 to recall the very old times but then it proved to be almost impossible to me for a number of reasons - one of them is because I am in Brasil and the other one is that I didn't want to buy a near to ruined computer and get into the overwhelming (and in so many cases frustrating) mission of restore it.

Then I had the idea of build a replica and power it with a Raspberry Pi card but this plan also was gone: while it wouldn't be too much hard to put an emulator to run a ZX-Spectrum inside it the fact is that I would end NOT using my clone anyway. The reason is that although it was really GREAT for me to have one of those computers in the 1980s I think that now I prefer to stick with my romantic memories than face the reality (if you can get me).

But that nostalgia still was there then... I figured that what I REALLY wanted was nothing else than a nice and shiny console to look at as a trophy coming directly from the good old times. :oops: Then I made this TOTALLY NOT WORKING model from scratch and now it is hung at my office's wall. End of story.

:)

PS: I found the result so rewarding that now I am working on a replica of a TC-2048 and a ZX-Spectrum rubber version to increase my collection.
Yeah, I'm a berk.
druellan
Dynamite Dan

Post by druellan »

Congrats! This looks fantastic!
beanz
Microbot

Post by beanz »

Wow, looks great.