Microvitec CUB Monitor 1451 DS

For experts to discuss very technical stuff and newbies to ask why the Spectrum they bought off ebay doesn't work.
ianace
Manic Miner

Post by ianace »

I have just been given one that has been in my parents loft for years. I think it still work, green light comes on and it makes that turning on sound! I have 128k+2 black case that I could plug it into. But, no monitor lead with it. On the back it says I need a TTl lead to RGB on the spectrum. I look around on eBay only seems to sell leads with a scaft lead and says the 128k grey model. It needs a round lead with 7 pin holes on it. Anyone supply them or know where to get them from?
1024MAK
Bugaboo

Re: Microvitec CUB Monitor 1451 DS

Post by 1024MAK »

Hello and welcome :D

Does the Cub monitor have a six pin DIN socket? Can you post a photo of the rear panel of the monitor please.

You chances of finding a ready made lead are slim at best. Do you know anyone who is good with a soldering iron?

By “128k+2 black case”, I presume you mean an Amstrad made ZX Spectrum +2 with integrated cassette deck, and which has a PSU that connects to the computer via a DIN plug?

Mark
:!: Standby alert :!:
“There are four lights!”
Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb :dance
Looking forward to summer later in the year.