ZX Spectrum Next Discussion

For experts to discuss very technical stuff and newbies to ask why the Spectrum they bought off ebay doesn't work.
ZxSpence
Berk

Re: ZX Spectrum Next Discussion

Post by ZxSpence » Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:19 pm

And yet the fur still flies if a backer asks a pointed question on the Facebook group. Not as hostile as before after someone tore a strip off one of the worse protagonists.
0 x

DouglasReynholm
Microbot

Post by DouglasReynholm » Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:21 pm

Must admit I'm also disappointed, especially after my most recent cheerleading message on this exact thread. I still think it will come eventually, but I should certainly add myself to the ranks of the more sceptical now.
0 x

beanz
Microbot

Post by beanz » Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:54 pm

I can understand the delays and though it's been an annoyingly long time I'm still ok with the wait. However the lack of communication is very unprofessional and the fanbois attacking anyone who asks should imo be banned from the facebook group...if they ban detractors they should ban the toxic ones too.

It's more than reasonable for someone to ask about an update when the team has said they would give bi weekly updates and the updates would come faster now...it's been what..5 or 6 weeks since the last one? That's ridiculous, it takes 5 mins to type

"sorry guys no news yet, still waiting on xxxx, more to follow as soon as we have something"

Rather than complete silence.

Whenever anyone seems to mention that on the facebook group the fanbois start the "it'll be ready when it's done" or "I'm perfectly fine with waiting I want it done right"...which has absolutely nothing to do with the complaint about lack of updates, comprehension boys...
2 x

DouglasReynholm
Microbot

Post by DouglasReynholm » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:23 pm

beanz wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:54 pm
Whenever anyone seems to mention that on the facebook group the fanbois start the "it'll be ready when it's done" or "I'm perfectly fine with waiting I want it done right"...which has absolutely nothing to do with the complaint about lack of updates, comprehension boys...
Well, I'm in agreement with both those quotes/ideals, but I don't think I've ever said that out loud, people's fears are valid and as such the lack of communication is bad. Henrique shouldn't have made a rod for his own back by announcing bi-weekly updates. Trouble is, now the well is poisoned and they are reluctant to say anything as the feedback gets more negative. My personal feeling is that they had the best intentions and found out about manufacturing the hard way, but we will get HW. One day.
0 x

ZxSpence
Berk

Post by ZxSpence » Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:44 pm

I don't agree with either quote as being a valid response to a question. Had they been more transparent in the manner Beanz suggested and not fanned the vitriolic responses to us asking for updates by liking so many of the more hostile ones I would have been inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt.

It's the arrogance of the outriders, the contempt of some of the core team and the absolutely toxic way they've handled the growing irritation that leads me to suspect things are more problematic than they ever let on. Silence is bad news as far as what I can see.

There are exceptions, Jim flips between being helpful and liking those attacking anyone who asks a hard question. Mike has done his best but his enthusiasm has waned.

When things go wrong and the sun king who cannot be criticised goes quiet, it does not bode well. They are the only ones who can turn this around with a mea culpa and better PR strategy that involves being frank.
0 x

1024MAK
Manic Miner

Post by 1024MAK » Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:12 pm

Ah, we appear to have stumbled on a type of politics...

With people telling other people what they think they want to hear, and then when reality / events does not match what they said, going into silent mode...

It would have been so much simpler if only the facts had been announced. And if predictions were given, then they should have been clearly laid out as just that, predictions.

Mark
0 x

beanz
Microbot

Post by beanz » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:36 pm

Finally a new update.

0 x

stupidget
Manic Miner

Post by stupidget » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:58 pm

Wow, that’s a pretty big update. You can’t deny that these guys are perfectionists. Plus the final machine is undeniably a thing of beauty.
0 x

Spud
Microbot

Post by Spud » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:19 pm

God, I wish I'd backed this thing :(
0 x

beanz
Microbot

Post by beanz » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:40 pm

Don't worry they'll be a 2nd run and that wont be half as long a wait as all the work will be done, I might get myself another on the 2nd run too.
0 x