NOXROM Cartridge

For experts to discuss very technical stuff and newbies to ask why the Spectrum they bought off ebay doesn't work.
RMartins
Microbot

NOXROM Cartridge

Post by RMartins » Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:49 pm

As some of you might know/remember, I have been developing my NOXROM cartridge.

After a few iterations, I have a working prototype, some firmware and some software adapted to work with it.
Meanwhile during this last year I did a presentation of it to a few coworkers, in a technology sharing session at work.

From this, sparked the idea of presenting this to a broader/wider set of people, and in a twist of fate, a friend proposed to submit it as a talk to FOSDEM (Open Source Conference), which got it's first RetroComputing DevRoom for 2018.

So, I submitted it for appreciation, and "I got in". (kudos to anyone who recognizes this movie quote)

So here is my talk, along with some videos of a game (R-Type) that as been converted to not only run from NOXROM cartridge, but also loads all levels seamlessly from it.
https://fosdem.org/2018/schedule/event/ ... millenium/

Finaly, I would suggest you all to come to FOSDEM, since it's a very nice conference, with great subject matter, in several areas and the entrance is free.
1 x

Seven.FFF
Dizzy

Re: NOXROM Cartridge

Post by Seven.FFF » Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:35 pm

I hope your talk goes well, Rui! Will you post a video afterwards?
0 x
Robin Verhagen-Guest
SevenFFF / Threetwosevensixseven / colonel32
seven-fff.com/blog

RMartins
Microbot

Re: NOXROM Cartridge

Post by RMartins » Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:16 pm

As far as I'm aware, all talks are saved in video for posterity.
0 x