Specdrum

For experts to discuss very technical stuff and newbies to ask why the Spectrum they bought off ebay doesn't work.
dsan
Drutt

Specdrum

Post by dsan »

**Posts moved by PeterJ 050620**

Apologies for replying to such an old post
- The SpecDrum software is not a game. This is a list for games only;
- There are incompatibilities between the +3/+2A and some older peripherals due to a slightly different design of the multi-purpose edge connector - some of the signals are not placed where they were on the previous models. This might be the case.
I've got the SpecDrum hardware and +2 and keen to maybe see if I can debug this/get it working. Do you have any more info on the signal issue? Anywhere I can look/read?

Seems like tis a rabbit hole I fancy going down to get this working on the +2 so any help appreciated. Thanks
lister_of_smeg
Microbot

Re: Definitive list of games incompatible with +2A/+3 and of compatible versions (if any)

Post by lister_of_smeg »

dsan wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 9:08 pm Apologies for replying to such an old post
- The SpecDrum software is not a game. This is a list for games only;
- There are incompatibilities between the +3/+2A and some older peripherals due to a slightly different design of the multi-purpose edge connector - some of the signals are not placed where they were on the previous models. This might be the case.
I've got the SpecDrum hardware and +2 and keen to maybe see if I can debug this/get it working. Do you have any more info on the signal issue? Anywhere I can look/read?

Seems like tis a rabbit hole I fancy going down to get this working on the +2 so any help appreciated. Thanks

It uses the unregulated 9 volt line, which isn't present on the +2A/+3. +9v was connected to upper pin 4 on the 48/128/+2 edge connector.

Apologies for the continued off-topic.
dsan
Drutt

Re: Specdrum

Post by dsan »

Appreciate you moving the thread, apologies. Thank you for the schematic, this helps.

So if i've understood this right, the +2 does have the 9v on lower pin 4 of the expansion slot, so that would power the TL084 right?
What seems to be happening is that it does load but zero input from the keyboard is possible, which gives the illusion that is has crashed.

I think maybe it's better to start a new thread as this could more firmware than hardware. cheers