DivMMC EnJOY! Mini - USR Mode 0

For experts to discuss very technical stuff and newbies to ask why the Spectrum they bought off ebay doesn't work.
Morpheus
Microbot

DivMMC EnJOY! Mini - USR Mode 0

Post by Morpheus »

Hi
I have one of these nifty little things and i am really pleased with it apart from one tiny litte thing. Whenever i try and play Uridium be it the first version or the Plus edition. It just resets the Speccy at the end of loading.
They are supposed to be +2 compatible in 48k mode and when you start with the Mini installed it boots to a 48K screen albeit USR 0 - is there anyone who has had the same problem and is there a workaround as Uridium was one of my favourite games and i would dearly love to get it working.
R Tape loading error, 0:1
R-Tape
Site Admin

Re: DivMMC EnJOY! Mini - USR Mode 0

Post by R-Tape »

Sorry I can't help with the query but if one wanted to buy a SD - Speccy interface is this the one to get?

I had some bad experiences with a type that hangs out horizontally and not used one since.
Morpheus
Microbot

Post by Morpheus »

It seems to be really well built. It's a shame that it has no case but it fits flush to my +2B and barely pokes over the top - the only down side is there is no joystick port or pass through edge connector i have taken some picture to show it in real life - very hard to hit it.

Spud
Manic Miner

Post by Spud »

Would a work around be to load in by tape and save a snapshot on the DivMMC? Or alternatively snapshot it once loaded in an emulator and transfer to the SD Card. IT isn't a multi-load game is it?
lister_of_smeg
Microbot

Post by lister_of_smeg »

Is this a game which writes to port 0x7ffd?

Perhaps try doing...

Code: Select all

OUT 32765,48
...before loading the game.
Morpheus
Microbot

Post by Morpheus »

lister_of_smeg wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:38 am Is this a game which writes to port 0x7ffd?

Perhaps try doing...

Code: Select all

OUT 32765,48
...before loading the game.
Tried that and i didn't work - maybe the .TAP is no good - I'll try another
Spud
Manic Miner

Post by Spud »

I'll dig my plus 2 and divmmc out tonight if I get the chance and test it, too.
Morpheus
Microbot

Post by Morpheus »

Spud wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:28 pm Would a work around be to load in by tape and save a snapshot on the DivMMC? Or alternatively snapshot it once loaded in an emulator and transfer to the SD Card. IT isn't a multi-load game is it?
I tried a Z80 Sanpshot and it just starts right away and no keyboard input works the manta's keep flying into the obstacles.
Spud
Manic Miner

Post by Spud »

Tried it tonight but my plus 2 is dead :(

I tested it instead on my Plus 2A - loading a z80 snapsnot created in ZX Spin and it appears to work absolutely fine. I realise +2 and +2a are different beasties, though. Also, mine isn't a DivMMC EmJOY! mini, it's a big chunky one I got a couple of years ago.
Luzie
Manic Miner

Post by Luzie »

Morpheus wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:06 am Tried that and i didn't work - maybe the .TAP is no good - I'll try another
Uridium .TAP-Files seem to be defective. Read here were you can find working ones: viewtopic.php?f=32&t=2621
Alessandro
Dynamite Dan

Post by Alessandro »

The +2A/+3 are notoriously incompatible with several titles. You can find a list of them and relative fixes here.

Also, many TAP files in the archive were passively recreated from the TZX ones and will not work with the DivIDE/DivMMC. I made several .TAP files which will run on such devices. Check this thread.