does anyone have these files ??

For experts to discuss very technical stuff and newbies to ask why the Spectrum they bought off ebay doesn't work.
jojo
Dizzy

does anyone have these files ??

Post by jojo »

Hi forum ,

tried to download some files the last days , but apparently the website is not really maintained anymore .

i am looking for the files to make a zxmux replacement to replace a zx8401 .

files should be available from ; https://8bit.yarek.pl/upgrade/zx.zxmux/index.html

but i can not download them ( nor can i register ) .

anyone got them ??

jojo
- Zx81-16k exp.- Spectrum 48 - Spectrum 128- Interface 1& 2 - DIVide - Zx flashcard- Zx printer - Ram turbo-Velleman interface system - Currah microspeech - Ql - 512k exp.- Ql printer - Cst floppy interf.- Double 3.5 fd- Minerva - Qimi-and much more .
1024MAK
Bugaboo

Re: does anyone have these files ??

Post by 1024MAK »

I’ve had the same problem with that website four or five (or maybe more) years ago.

It requires you to register, but when you try, you don’t get anywhere :twisted:

Hence I don’t have those files. The ZX8401 does exactly the same job as the 74LS series chips that are fitted to issue 2 to issue 4S for the upper RAM. So it is possible to derive a schematic from comparing an issue 4 schematic with an issue 6A schematic.

You would however have to design your own PCB...

Mark
:!: Standby alert :!:
“There are four lights!”
Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb :dance
Looking forward to summer later in the year.
jojo
Dizzy

Post by jojo »

@1024mak , yep that is what it is about ( trying to fix a 128+ without keyboard action )

anyone maybe got the pcb made in china and got one left over ??
- Zx81-16k exp.- Spectrum 48 - Spectrum 128- Interface 1& 2 - DIVide - Zx flashcard- Zx printer - Ram turbo-Velleman interface system - Currah microspeech - Ql - 512k exp.- Ql printer - Cst floppy interf.- Double 3.5 fd- Minerva - Qimi-and much more .
Ralf
Rick Dangerous

Post by Ralf »

Yes, this website isn't maintained for years.
You may ask at www.speccy.pl about these files. It's a Polishe site but write in English and
these guys should help you.
Luzie
Manic Miner

Post by Luzie »

The .PNG can be opened here by me:
zx64
Manic Miner

Post by zx64 »

I can open PNG file as well
jojo
Dizzy

Post by jojo »

If anyone is interested ;

http://ge.tt/8JFEuk63

jojo
jojo
Dizzy

Post by jojo »

pcb should look like this :-)

1024MAK
Bugaboo

Post by 1024MAK »

For the record, the ZX8401 is the upper RAM multiplexor. It is also known under the PCF1306P name and the Amstrad part number 40058. It was introduced in the issue 5 board 48K Spectrum, and also used on the 6A board Spectrum, the 128K Toastrack, and the +2 (grey).

See also this topic.

Mark
:!: Standby alert :!:
“There are four lights!”
Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb :dance
Looking forward to summer later in the year.