ZX Spectrum Next

For experts to discuss very technical stuff and newbies to ask why the Spectrum they bought off ebay doesn't work.
SteveZX81
Drutt

Re: ZX Spectrum Next

Post by SteveZX81 »

Bought a Spectrum off ebay but then realised I cannot easily connect it to my HDMI monitors, so the seller kindly refunded me.

I'm now looking at a Spectrum next, I see on their site its out of stock, any clues when they will have more or was it a one batch only and its gone?
Seven.FFF
Manic Miner

Post by Seven.FFF »

There were a limited number for sale on the webshop when the kickstarted ended, but there won’t be any more from this manufacturing run. You best chance chance is to pick up one on eBay after the Kickstarter units ship out, as a bunch of people no longer want them, bought two, or bought them to sell.

It’s quite possible there might be another manufacturing run later, now the case moulds exist. But they aren’t committing to any definite plans yet.
Robin Verhagen-Guest
SevenFFF / Threetwosevensixseven / colonel32
NXtel NXTP ESP Update ESP Reset CSpect Plugins
SteveZX81
Drutt

Post by SteveZX81 »

Seven.FFF wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:03 am There were a limited number for sale on the webshop when the kickstarted ended, but there won’t be any more from this manufacturing run. You best chance chance is to pick up one on eBay after the Kickstarter units ship out, as a bunch of people no longer want them, bought two, or bought them to sell.

It’s quite possible there might be another manufacturing run later, now the case moulds exist. But they aren’t committing to any definite plans yet.
Thanks for your help. I bet any on ebay would fetch quite huge prices, well out of my budget hehe.
I'll just keep checking ebay for a cheap +2 or +3 and then pay for a refurb.
beanz
Microbot

Post by beanz »

Might be cheaper to just buy an LCD/LED Monitor/TV with composite inputs (thrift stores around here sell them for $10 and up) and do the composite mod on a speccy if you are just looking for a speccy on a budget.