ZX Spectrum Next

For experts to discuss very technical stuff and newbies to ask why the Spectrum they bought off ebay doesn't work.
jmk
Berk

Re: ZX Spectrum Next

Post by jmk » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:31 am

I'm finding it hard to keep up-to-date with the current hardware specs. Initially it was going to run at 7 Mhz with "everything switched on", then it went up to 14 Mhz, which was really impressive. But now it's gone back to 7 Mhz again... Maybe they shouldn't have told anyone that it might run at 14 Mhz. ;)

Also, I was a bit disappointed to hear that it doesn't support ULAplus anymore. It doesn't handle Radastan mode either. It handles the original Spectrum screen and its own hardware extensions, which are admittedly impressive.

Sometimes the only way to find out these details is to read individual comments on Facebook posts. It's not ideal, but I guess they don't want to publicise specs that are not finalised.

Anyway, I am still looking forward to it, whether I end up doing anything with it or not!
0 x
Just like before, it's yesterday once more.

Blerkotron
Berk

Post by Blerkotron » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:30 pm

Pegaz wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:19 pm
btw, does it have any insider information, about release date?
Three months is not a lot of delays if the distribution of the board would start soon.
Email this evening says the 'board only' versions will start shipping November 27th.
0 x

Pegaz
Berk

Post by Pegaz » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:58 pm

Thats good.
We need some positive event, to bring back optimism after Vega+ debacle...
1 x

R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:11 pm

Is there a list anywhere, or can anyone summarise the likely final features of the Next? (Hardware sprites, SID etc)
0 x