ZX Vega+ Discussion

For experts to discuss very technical stuff and newbies to ask why the Spectrum they bought off ebay doesn't work.
PeterJ
Site Admin

Re: ZX Vega+ Discussion

Post by PeterJ »

Pegaz wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:20 pm Two of my messages have disappeared, accidentally or not, but I will not send the third time, for sure.
If we cant talk freely about this topic, then its better that it doesnt exist at all..
Hi, I can confirm I have not deleted any posts in this thread. Must be at your end. PM me if it continues.
Ast A. Moore
Rick Dangerous

Post by Ast A. Moore »

Guesser wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:15 pm
Ast A. Moore wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:59 pm Oh, yeah? EnLighTEn me.
A doesn't have B, C doesn't have B, therefore A isn't C. ← makes no sense.
Ooo, yeah, um . . . I’m gonna to have to go ahead and sort of disagree with you there.
Every man should plant a tree, build a house, and write a ZX Spectrum game.

Author of A Yankee in Iraq, a 50 fps shoot-’em-up—the first game to utilize the floating bus on the +2A/+3,
and zasm Z80 Assembler syntax highlighter.
Pegaz
Dynamite Dan

Post by Pegaz »

PeterJ wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:22 pm
Pegaz wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:20 pm Two of my messages have disappeared, accidentally or not, but I will not send the third time, for sure.
If we cant talk freely about this topic, then its better that it doesnt exist at all..
Hi, I can confirm I have not deleted any posts in this thread. Must be at your end. PM me if it continues.
It probably at my end, then... Actually its not a big deal..
ZXDunny
Manic Miner

Post by ZXDunny »

Ast A. Moore wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:29 pm
Guesser wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:15 pm A doesn't have B, C doesn't have B, therefore A isn't C. ← makes no sense.
Ooo, yeah, um . . . I’m gonna to have to go ahead and sort of disagree with you there.
I agree with Guesser. Just because two things share a property does not mean they are not equal.
Guesser
Manic Miner

Post by Guesser »

ZXDunny wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:33 pm
Ast A. Moore wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:29 pm Ooo, yeah, um . . . I’m gonna to have to go ahead and sort of disagree with you there.
I agree with Guesser. Just because two things share a property does not mean they are not equal.
The conclusion is shirley backwards anyway. I can't see how any logic could arrive at that.
jmk
Drutt

Post by jmk »

Just like before, it's yesterday once more.
Ast A. Moore
Rick Dangerous

Post by Ast A. Moore »

Guesser wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:07 am
ZXDunny wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:33 pm I agree with Guesser. Just because two things share a property does not mean they are not equal.
The conclusion is shirley backwards anyway. I can't see how any logic could arrive at that.
Logic, logic, logic . . . Logic is the beginning of wisdom, Valeris, not the end.

You both seem to be missing the jokes altogether (two puns and one joke so far, to be precise, for those keeping score at home). Or . . . Could it be the case of the airing of personal grievances? A little too early for that; wait until December 23.

Author of A Yankee in Iraq, a 50 fps shoot-’em-up—the first game to utilize the floating bus on the +2A/+3,
ZXDunny
Manic Miner

Post by ZXDunny »

Ast A. Moore wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:55 am Could it be the case of the airing of personal grievances? A little too early for that; wait until December 23.
No, don't wait. We're a friendly community and if you have issues then by all means talk them through. We're here for you, dude.
Ast A. Moore
Rick Dangerous

Post by Ast A. Moore »

ZXDunny wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:12 am
Ast A. Moore wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:55 am Could it be the case of the airing of personal grievances? A little too early for that; wait until December 23.
No, don't wait. We're a friendly community and if you have issues then by all means talk them through. We're here for you, dude.
But what will we do at the Festivus dinner, then?

R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

Can we rename this thread "3 men talking absolute bollocks" ?
PaddyC13
Drutt

Post by PaddyC13 »

Hi Folks,

I think this is all very sad. When I read the latest message I sent an official request via Indegogo for a full refund. Not expecting to get my money back but you never know.

Personally, I don't care who's fault all of this is - it is just a real shame that something so special has ended this way.

Paddy
Ast A. Moore
Rick Dangerous

Post by Ast A. Moore »

R-Tape wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:02 am Can we rename this thread "3 men talking absolute bollocks" ?
You have my vote.

hikoki
Manic Miner

Post by hikoki »

This affair became a Chess game. Of course the winner will be a master in chess. I never won a chess game by the way
Ralf
Rick Dangerous

Post by Ralf »

Can we rename this thread "3 men talking absolute bollocks" ?
You have my vote too ;)
I never got this abstract sense of humour and once it was quite frequent on old WOS.
beanz
Microbot

Post by beanz »

An absolute fiasco from start to finish.

There is absolutely no excuse for this product not being in the hands of backers already 2+ years later...it's a crappy little handheld, not a ground breaking new propulsion system for sending man to mars.

(btw NASA to make 'major announcement' about red planet discovery today)
Guesser
Manic Miner

Post by Guesser »

R-Tape wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:02 am Can we rename this thread "3 men talking absolute bollocks" ?
It's a Vega+ thread...
Guesser
Manic Miner

Post by Guesser »

Ast A. Moore wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:55 am You both seem to be missing the jokes altogether
You've conflated missing puns with just ignoring and refusing to acknowledge them :)
Ast A. Moore
Rick Dangerous

Post by Ast A. Moore »

Guesser wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:46 pm
Ast A. Moore wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:55 am You both seem to be missing the jokes altogether
You've conflated missing puns with just ignoring and refusing to acknowledge them :)
We’re on a bloody third page, man. If that’s “ignoring,” what would “unceasing nitpicking” look like? :shock:

ZXDunny
Manic Miner

Post by ZXDunny »

Ast A. Moore wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:37 am
You have my vote.
And my Axe.
PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

I'm not sure if it's connected, but the day after the announcement we smashed* our must users online at one time record.

Most users ever online was 60 on Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:30 am

*I do appreciate that 60 users online at one time is not huge, but for this little site it ain't so shabby!
1024MAK
Bugaboo

Post by 1024MAK »

Controversial subjects do sometimes have this effect, especially if it's in the news or similar.

With regards to the ZX Vega+.
I'm not surprised, but it is very disappointing that bickering, fighting and what looks like deliberate sabotage, as well as possible incompetence has resulted in this outcome.

Mark
:!: Standby alert :!:
“There are four lights!”
Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb :dance
Looking forward to summer later in the year.
PeteProdge
Bugaboo

Post by PeteProdge »

From that newly released video of a supposed ZX Vega+ V2, the games list is, um, slightly less than 1000...

1994 - Ten Years After by Visions Software Factory
Albatrossity by Jonathan Cauldwell
Banger Management by Jonathan Cauldwell
Battery's Not Precluded by Jonathan Cauldwell
Byte Me by Jonathan Cauldwell
Coracle by Cronosoft
Egg Head by Crash/Jonathan Cauldwell
Egg Head 2 by Crash/Jonathan Cauldwell
Egg Head 3 by Jonathan Cauldwell
Egg Head 4 by Jonathan Cauldwell
Egg Head 5 by Jonathan Cauldwell
Haunted House by Your Sinclair/Jonathan Cauldwell
Izzy Wizzy by Cronosoft
Loco Bingo by Cronosoft
More Tea Vicar? by Cronosoft
Nifty Lifty by Visions Software Factory
Quantum Gardening by Cronosoft
Slubberdegullion by Cronosoft

Thanks to Mark Howe on the Retro Computers Ltd Vega Plus Public Discussion FB group for identifying that last one, I couldn't make it out.
Last edited by PeteProdge on Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reheated Pixels - a combination of retrogaming, comedy and factual musing, is here!
New video: Nine ZX Spectrum magazine controversies - How Crash, Your Sinclair and Sinclair User managed to offend the world!
Lee P
Microbot

Post by Lee P »

That'd be Slubberdegullion, by Jonathan Cauldwell.
https://spectrumcomputing.co.uk/index.p ... 6&id=23828
PeteProdge
Bugaboo

Post by PeteProdge »

Lee Spoons wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:05 am That'd be Slubberdegullion, by Jonathan Cauldwell.
https://spectrumcomputing.co.uk/index.p ... 6&id=23828
Cheers. Both you and Mark Howe have identified this one, so I've edited and updated the post.

There you go then. 16 by Jonathan Cauldwell, 2 by Visions Software Factory.
Reheated Pixels - a combination of retrogaming, comedy and factual musing, is here!
New video: Nine ZX Spectrum magazine controversies - How Crash, Your Sinclair and Sinclair User managed to offend the world!
chinnyhill10
Drutt

Post by chinnyhill10 »

Being careful here. Mods, I won't be offended if you scissor any or all of this!

What is the point of this video? The users know there are no consoles, Indiegogo know there are no consoles. How come this video surfaces just after the adjourned board meeting?

We know Clive has a proxy at these things and isn't well of late. Was this an attempt by RCL to sway his vote? Because it can't be an attempt to sway the users (look at the comments) or Indiegogo (who require production units).

I was surprised when the original unit came out given the 'unconventional' games licensing techniques used by the company. I was not surprised by the allegations that swirled around said games and the royalties after it was released. I was also unsurprised that some people suggested the Plus was an attempt to pay debts off from the original Vega.

With that in mind the entire thing was doomed from day 1. It was never coming out because there wasn't the money there to do it.

Why it drags on I have no idea. Wouldn't you just wind up the company at this stage and go "ah well we tried". It would all be forgotten in 6 months. And yet it rumbles on.

The project has had such a profound and bad effect on the community. I really just want to see the back of it and everyone involved in it for good.