Inkspector 2.0 released

Struggling with Fuse or trying to find an emulator with a specific feature. Ask your questions here.
Ersh
Manic Miner

Re: Inkspector 2.0 released

Post by Ersh »

Got a small feature request. With auto-load on, having an easy way to insert a tape into the browser without having it auto-load would be great. Adding another option "just insert tape" in the dropdown menu could work, having a button in the browser that allows the user to toggle auto-load on and off (spectaculator does this) could be another solution. The latter would work fine with drag/drop if you're planning to add that in the future as well. Saves a lot of trips to the options menu.

Nothing that needs immediate attention, but I thought I'd ask. :)
Inky
Dizzy

Post by Inky »

Ersh wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:52 pm Got a small feature request. With auto-load on, having an easy way to insert a tape into the browser without having it auto-load would be great. Adding another option "just insert tape" in the dropdown menu could work, having a button in the browser that allows the user to toggle auto-load on and off (spectaculator does this) could be another solution. The latter would work fine with drag/drop if you're planning to add that in the future as well. Saves a lot of trips to the options menu.

Nothing that needs immediate attention, but I thought I'd ask. :)
Well if you don't ask, you don't get! Yeah that sounds reasonable. I'll add it to my todo list.
djnzx48
Manic Miner

Post by djnzx48 »

I noticed that single-stepping doesn't seem to be possible if an interrupt is immediately about to occur. Is there some way to continue single-stepping when this happens?

If I may make a suggestion: one feature that I would like to see is (optionally) letting the right shift key act as symbol shift, instead of having both shift keys used for caps shift.
Inky
Dizzy

Post by Inky »

djnzx48 wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:13 pm I noticed that single-stepping doesn't seem to be possible if an interrupt is immediately about to occur. Is there some way to continue single-stepping when this happens?

If I may make a suggestion: one feature that I would like to see is (optionally) letting the right shift key act as symbol shift, instead of having both shift keys used for caps shift.
You should be able to use Step-Over (F10) as workaround for that scenario until I get chance to fix it.

Suggested noted.
PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

[mention]Inky[/mention], would you consider adding exporting screens to .scr format in the future? Its the format that we use for preservation with the ZX-Image library from [mention]moroz1999[/mention]. Thanks
Inky
Dizzy

Post by Inky »

It's already possible. File->Save Snapshot and select .scr from the Save As Type dropdown list. I should probably rename it to Save Supported File :)
moroz1999
Manic Miner

Post by moroz1999 »

The best way to have such function is a hotkey with automatic screenshot name generation. Like "jsw_tap_001.scr" and so one. Such thing allows to make a lot of screenshot in a short time.
PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

Inky wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:00 pm It's already possible. File->Save Snapshot and select .scr from the Save As Type dropdown list. I should probably rename it to Save Supported File :)
Thank you. Sorry, I was looking under 'Save Screenshot'
Inky
Dizzy

Post by Inky »

moroz1999 wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:20 pm The best way to have such function is a hotkey with automatic screenshot name generation. Like "jsw_tap_001.scr" and so one. Such thing allows to make a lot of screenshot in a short time.
You can do that using snippets. Define one of the snippets as follows:

Code: Select all

if not num then num = 1 end
path=[[c:\temp\scr_#]]..num..".scr"
inks.save(path)
num = num + 1
Then run it using the Snippets menu or pressing the appropriate hot-key (Alt-1 for Snippet 1, Alt-2, etc.)
robdc
Drutt

Post by robdc »

[mention]Inky[/mention] wow, love Inkspector 2, the debugging with list file support is great.

Any plans or thoughts on supporting zrcp / dezog?
Inky
Dizzy

Post by Inky »

robdc wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:38 pm @Inky wow, love Inkspector 2, the debugging with list file support is great.

Any plans or thoughts on supporting zrcp / dezog?
Thanks!

No plans as yet - you're the first to request support for those :D If you can supply me with a self-contained example and a link to the documentation (if it exits) of the symbol and listing file format I'll have a go at adding them.

Cheers
Mark.
robdc
Drutt

Post by robdc »

DeZog is a VS Code extension which allows interactive debugging with supported emulators:
https://github.com/maziac/DeZog

It's very cool but suspect it would be a lot of work for quite a niche use case, just thought I'd ask on the off chance it was something on your radar.

I'm quite new to the scene so just fumbling my through the myriad of emulators, assemblers and methods of debugging, seems there is no defacto setup!
Lethargeek
Manic Miner

Post by Lethargeek »

is it possible to keep breakpoints in the debugger when reloading a snapshot/rzx?
hexaae
Dizzy

Post by hexaae »

Good emulator but...
Unfortunately I see real PC joysticks (not gamepads) like Hori Fighting Stick Mini or Mad Catz are not supported... maybe the emulator expects only LSTICK for directions, and not POV-hat aka DPAD as these joysticks are usually mapped to? :cry:
Would be also great a remappable option to emulate different keyboard keys on different joystick buttons (e.g. a game that has jump + fire buttons... would great if you could remap jump key to 2nd joystick button).

Another question: will you add scanlines and other effects?
Inky
Dizzy

Post by Inky »

Lethargeek wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:13 am is it possible to keep breakpoints in the debugger when reloading a snapshot/rzx?
Yes, I will definitely add this.
cmal
Manic Miner

Post by cmal »

This is an excellent emulator. I'm still exploring the many features. Great work [mention]Inky[/mention] !!!

I tried opening an asm file, but it keeps on getting hung up on the 40000 address in the Org directive. What am I doing wrong?

Here's the .asm file contents:

ORG 40000

ld hl,16384
ld de,16385
ld bc,6144
ld (hl), 255
ldir
ret
hexaae
Dizzy

Post by hexaae »

Would be great XInput DPAD support for Joystick emulation (I have some DPAD arcade joysticks for PC not working, since Inkspector supports only LSTICK for directions...) + additional keyboard keys emulation to remap extra buttons of modern joystick (e.g. for granades, jump, secondary weapon games).

Will you also add retro scanlines effects?
Lethargeek
Manic Miner

Post by Lethargeek »

how about the ability to skip to specific rzx frame?
Inky
Dizzy

Post by Inky »

cmal wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:54 pm This is an excellent emulator. I'm still exploring the many features. Great work @Inky !!!

I tried opening an asm file, but it keeps on getting hung up on the 40000 address in the Org directive. What am I doing wrong?

ORG 40000

ld hl,16384
ld de,16385
ld bc,6144
ld (hl), 255
ldir
ret
Thanks Cmal! That asm looks good to me, so I'm guessing it's being rejected because directives and instrutions shouldn't be in the left-most column. Take a look at example.s that is supplied as it explains everything related to the assembler.
cmal
Manic Miner

Post by cmal »

Inky wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:17 pm
cmal wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:54 pm This is an excellent emulator. I'm still exploring the many features. Great work @Inky !!!

ORG 40000

ld hl,16384
ld de,16385
ld bc,6144
ld (hl), 255
ldir
ret
Thanks Cmal! That asm looks good to me, so I'm guessing it's being rejected because directives and instrutions shouldn't be in the left-most column. Take a look at example.s that is supplied as it explains everything related to the assembler.
Thanks @inky. It was indeed the instructions being in the left column that stopped it from working. @PeterJ helped me with that - Thanks @PeterJ.
I took another look and found the example file and instructions so thanks for including those.
pavero
Dynamite Dan

Post by pavero »

Snippets hide huge potencial. Would it be possible to implement this feature?

A selection of two or more RZX files at once, which they would be played back one by one fully automatically.

It would be great feature, if you want to create some Youtube video from many RZX files.
Inky
Dizzy

Post by Inky »

pavero wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 6:20 pm Snippets hide huge potencial. Would it be possible to implement this feature?

A selection of two or more RZX files at once, which they would be played back one by one fully automatically.

It would be great feature, if you want to create some Youtube video from many RZX files.
Hi Pavero,

I like that! I'll try and add this to the next version (I'm hoping early January, free time permitting).

Mark.