SpecEmu-generated zx7 TAP file

Struggling with Fuse or trying to find an emulator with a specific feature. Ask your questions here.
Blerkotron
Dizzy

SpecEmu-generated zx7 TAP file

Post by Blerkotron »

Going through some old files today I found a TAP file of Short Circuit 128, dated May 2017. It displays this message at the start of loading:

Anyone know where I got this from? I'm pretty sure I have the latest SpecEmu but I can't see an option to generate TAPs like these... Was it a demo of a feature that was never released? Or am I missing something blindingly obvious?
ZXDunny
Manic Miner

Re: SpecEmu-generated zx7 TAP file

Post by ZXDunny »

Try saving a snapshot as a TZX file.
Blerkotron
Dizzy

Post by Blerkotron »

Hmm... it seems to save a SZX even if I change the file extension. Only SZX, Z80 and SNA available in the file selector dialog.
Woodster
Drutt

Post by Woodster »

The ZX7 compressed TAP generator got mostly finished but I went off to write a Z80 assembler that mostly got finished and then Summer came and I went off into the great outdoors and haven't coded anything in months!
polomint
Drutt

Post by polomint »

Woodster wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:15 pm The ZX7 compressed TAP generator got mostly finished but I went off to write a Z80 assembler that mostly got finished and then Summer came and I went off into the great outdoors and haven't coded anything in months!
Half a job Harry :p
So far, so meh :)
Ast A. Moore
Rick Dangerous

Post by Ast A. Moore »

Woodster wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:15 pm The ZX7 compressed TAP generator got mostly finished but I went off to write a Z80 assembler that mostly got finished and then Summer came and I went off into the great outdoors and haven't coded anything in months!
Hey, Mark’s back! Cheers, mate!
Every man should plant a tree, build a house, and write a ZX Spectrum game.

Author of A Yankee in Iraq, a 50 fps shoot-’em-up—the first game to utilize the floating bus on the +2A/+3,
and zasm Z80 Assembler syntax highlighter.
Blerkotron
Dizzy

Post by Blerkotron »

Aha! So it didn't fall out of a portal from an alternate universe after all! :)

Was that TAP one that you provided as an example?
Woodster
Drutt

Post by Woodster »

Blerkotron wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:13 am Was that TAP one that you provided as an example?
Yeah, must've been! I definitely remember Short Circuit being one of my test games :)