Fuse toolbar contents?

Struggling with Fuse or trying to find an emulator with a specific feature. Ask your questions here.
dfzx
Manic Miner

Fuse toolbar contents?

Post by dfzx »

I recently made a change to my local version of Fuse which makes the speed label in the status bar (the value in the very bottom right corner of the window which normally sits at "100%") interactive. I can use the mouse wheel to increase/decrease speed, and double click to toggle back to 100% quickly. I find this useful and it works, but it isn't the correct way of doing it - a statusbar shouldn't be interactive!

The correct approach is a toolbar, probably along the top under the menu, which can be switched on and off. If I were to add such a thing I'd like to offer it to the Fuse project for inclusion in the mainstream. The question then becomes, what would other people find handy on a Fuse toolbar? What features do people use all the time which can be controlled with a mouse click or simple interaction?
Derek Fountain, author of the ZX Spectrum C Programmer's Getting Started Guide and various open source games, hardware and other projects, including an IF1 and ZX Microdrive emulator.
blueowl0708
Drutt

Re: Fuse toolbar contents?

Post by blueowl0708 »

I'd say the toolbar buttons from Spectaculator are a good place to start!
dfzx
Manic Miner

Re: Fuse toolbar contents?

Post by dfzx »

Well, no response, either here or on the Fuse list, but I still wanted a toolbar on Fuse so I added one. With no one else's input I at least got to add the buttons I wanted. :)

My Fuse looks like this:

It's obviously development focused, and I have a RZXS keyboard which I use quite a bit. Rolling the mouse wheel over the speed value increases and decreases the emulation speed very conveniently.

Changing the buttons to something more useful to the mainstream would be fairly trivial, and if anyone's interested the code is available in the Fuse project's SourceForge page as patch 418.
Derek Fountain, author of the ZX Spectrum C Programmer's Getting Started Guide and various open source games, hardware and other projects, including an IF1 and ZX Microdrive emulator.