ZEsarUX Beta 7.2-RC

Struggling with Fuse or trying to find an emulator with a specific feature. Ask your questions here.
PeterJ
Site Admin

Re: ZEsarUX Beta 7.2-RC

Post by PeterJ »

Yes, Windows 10.
chernandezba
Microbot

Post by chernandezba »

PeterJ wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:04 amYes, Windows 10.
Thanks!
chernandezba
Microbot

Post by chernandezba »

PeterJ wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:51 pm @chernandezba

I have added an additional file to the folder:

ZEsarUX - PowerUp & Load Game - Silence Detector Not Enabled .mp3

Edited
Finally, after spending two days testing the Windows audio clicking issue I can confirm:
-It has nothing to do with my sdl audio module. The same is used in Mac and Linux and they don’t have the same problem
-Tested by filling the audio buffer with fixed value and the clicking also appears. Seems the clicking happens when a sample value of 0 “appears” in the final hardware buffer. If I fill the audio buffer with 0, no change is produced in the hardware buffer and you don’t hear any clicking. If you fill the buffer with something else different than 0, you may hear a clicking
-There’s no difference on enabling real audio, ay audio chip, etc. So as I said, I can confirm there’s not a bug in my module
-My Windows development machine is Virtual box. The default virtual audio card is a Intel HD. That has a lot of clicking. I changed it to a AC97 virtual card and the clicking has gone in the 90% of cases
-Seems there’s some kind of issue with MinGW+SDL+Audio driver. With the same test, sometimes the clicking appear and some others don’t. (With ac97 card)
-As some of you had made tests with real windows machines and you don’t have clicking, I can be sure, again, it’s not a bug in my software
-It seems also the audio module is sensible to O.S. multitask. I mean, if you change to another Windows task and leave ZEsarUX in the background, some clicking may appear. That doesn’t happen in other operating systems. That confirms me, again, Windows is not my preferred operating system ;)
-I tried changing the audio sdl module to another one, programming a Direct Sound native windows module. But I haven’t found any examples to do that on my MinGW environment.
-So, until I couldn’t change the audio module to something different (DirectSound or SDL2-which already have tested) some of you will have clicking on Windows. It will depend on your audio card and audio driver
-That clicking issue is not related with clicks at startup or looping click in tbblue browser. These two others are probably bugs in my code

Some of these explanations are expressed in the FAQ. But I will have to extend it

Thanks a lot for your beta testing! :)

Cheers
Cesar
PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

Thanks for your work [mention]chernandezba[/mention]