HDFmaker - A GUI to click together Next and esxDOS-Memorycard-Images and content

Struggling with Fuse or trying to find an emulator with a specific feature. Ask your questions here.
PeterJ
Site Admin

Re: HDFmaker - A GUI to click together Next and esxDOS-Memorycard-Images and content

Post by PeterJ »

Thanks [mention]Luzie[/mention],

What was it developed in?
Luzie
Manic Miner

Re: HDFmaker - A GUI to click together Next and esxDOS-Memorycard-Images and content

Post by Luzie »

PeterJ wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 2:58 pm Thanks @Luzie,

What was it developed in?
GUI is written as .AHK-/AutoHotkey-Script. ( https://www.autohotkey.com/ )
PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

Thank you. That looks like an interesting language. Sort of Bash scripts for Windows UI :)
PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

Hi [mention]Luzie[/mention],

Are you planning an update for the new version of esxDOS? Also have you thought of adding Fuse as one of the supported emulators?

Just to say again how invaluable this program has been with my task of taking Next screen. Much appreciated.

Thanks
akeley
Dynamite Dan

Post by akeley »

Can I use these hdf files on DIV device with esxDOS somehow?
Luzie
Manic Miner

Post by Luzie »

akeley wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:56 pm Can I use these hdf files on DIV device with esxDOS somehow?
Not direct. But if you copy all files under \HDFMaker\Files4SD\ to root of your CF-Card it should work.
akeley
Dynamite Dan

Post by akeley »

Admittedly, I don't even know what it really means, to use hdf on real ZX instead of normal DIV/SD or CF way. Can you actually use it on real hardware? What would be a benefit of this?
Luzie
Manic Miner

Post by Luzie »

PeterJ wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:15 pm Hi @Luzie,

Are you planning an update for the new version of esxDOS? Also have you thought of adding Fuse as one of the supported emulators?
Hi [mention]PeterJ[/mention] I´m working on it. Maybe a new release supporting esxDOS 0.88 tomorrow. Adding Fuse needs more time. Hope to include the feature "Update Tests-Directory in HDF" for you too.
Last edited by Luzie on Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Luzie
Manic Miner

Post by Luzie »

akeley wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:43 pm Admittedly, I don't even know what it really means, to use hdf on real ZX instead of normal DIV/SD or CF way. Can you actually use it on real hardware? What would be a benefit of this?
As far as I know, you could use .HDF-Files directly on "Real Hardware". It´s just a container-format for Harddisk-Data used by e.g. Emulators.
Last edited by Luzie on Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Luzie
Manic Miner

Post by Luzie »

PeterJ wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:15 pm Just to say again how invaluable this program has been with my task of taking Next screen. Much appreciated.
Hi [mention]PeterJ[/mention] how do you create your Screenshots? From within running Next-Emuation (and maybe save those screenshots to the HDF-File) or do you save them via a Windows-Snapshot-program? I think you use the last one. If not, do you need an option for HDFmaker to get files from .HDF-Image back easily?
PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

There is a new option within Cspect that I use. You just press CTRL + F3 and it saves a PNG file in the home folder of the emulator.
Luzie
Manic Miner

Post by Luzie »

New Version HDFmaker v007.071:

-Added esxDOS v0.8.8 FINAL
-Updated: Dr. Slumps NEW NMI.SYS v0017
-Added: New File Browser for ZX-UNO by bob_fossil (Load with Hotkey J in New NMI)
-Updated: ZEsarUX
-Updated: #CSpect
-Added: Fuse v1.5.7 (yet only running with divIDE on esxDOS 0.8.7)
-Added Option "Just copy/update \HDFmaker\Files\TESTS Directory (incl. Subdirs) into .HDF, .RAW and Files4SD-Directory, start selected Emulators and Exit" hinzugefügt.

Download HDFMaker v007.071 (about 228 MByte zipped): https://www.magentacloud.de/lnk/fvilASKo

PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

Thank you [mention]Luzie[/mention],

Excellent
PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

Are you planning an update for your excellent HDFmaker to include esxDOS 0.88 support for Fuse, and maybe include the latest version of CSpect?

Thanks

Peter
Luzie
Manic Miner

Post by Luzie »

PeterJ wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:39 am Hi @Luzie,

Are you planning an update for your excellent HDFmaker to include esxDOS 0.88 support for Fuse, and maybe include the latest version of CSpect?

Thanks

Peter
Dear [mention]PeterJ[/mention] ,
for CSpect I think you just need to unpack latest version of CSpect over the files in \HDFMaker\Emulator\CSpect\
I´ve already updated my version to support esxDOS 0.8.8 for Fuse with divIDE or divMMC-Emulation.
I would make some small changes and checks and inform you about a new release soon (takes some days, maybe on sunday).

Cheers

Luzie
Luzie
Manic Miner

Post by Luzie »

PeterJ wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:39 am Hi @Luzie,

[mention]PeterJ[/mention] here we go:

New Version HDFmaker v008.161:

-Separate Options for copying of "Dr. Slumps NEW NMI.SYS v0017" and "New File Browser for ZX-UNO by bob_fossil v0.13 Final"
-ZEsarUX updatet to v9.1 Final
-#CSpect updatet to v2.13.00
-Fuse v1.5.7 added with divIDE and divMMC-Emulation incl. esxDOS 0.8.8-Support

Download HDFMaker (about 255 MByte zipped): https://www.magentacloud.de/lnk/3Vo1uKVT

PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

Thank you very much [mention]Luzie[/mention]
Luzie
Manic Miner

Post by Luzie »

New Version HDFmaker v009.219:

-esxDOS 0.8.9 added incl. Fix for AutoLoadColour-Function (http://board.esxdos.org/viewtopic.php?id=1032)
-Hack added, so "Dr. Slumps NEW NMI.SYS v0017" runs under esxDOS 0.8.9
-Update to "New File Browser for ZX-UNO by bob_fossil v0.17 Final"
-ZEsarUX: Update to v9.2 Final
-#CSpect: Update to v2.13.01
-Fuse updatet to v1.6.0
-Bugfix for Example AUTOBOOT.BAS-Function

Download (about 259 MB packed): https://www.magentacloud.de/lnk/msI1uGUQ

Actually I´m thinking to change to PowerShell-Scripting instead of the actually used AHK-Script. With an easy Text-based-Menu instead of a GUI. But as PS is running under Linux, translation of HDF-Maker to a combined Windows/Linux-Version could be possible. Question: Is there anybody out there who sees a need for this?

Luzie
Manic Miner

Post by Luzie »

Seems MagentaCloud.de mixed something up. Here´s a newly created link to the share of HDFmaker v009.219: https://magentacloud.de/s/WbEeMAGLMKJNSey
Luzie
Manic Miner

Post by Luzie »

New WIP-Version of HDFMaker (=HDFMaker-V009.387):

Biggest Changes:
Updated ZEsarUX to Version 10.2-RC3 - Hysteria edition. 07 October 2022
Added Drag&Drop Batch to Drag&Drop single File into running Emulator to /TESTS-directory.
Added System-Next v22.09
Added esxDOS NMI.sys Beta v0018

Next official version of HDFMaker maybe out if ZEsarUX supports System-Next v22.09.

Download HDFMaker v009.387 (about 490 MB zipped) here: https://magentacloud.de/s/kFoqLP7wGz6X56s
PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

@Luzie,

Please could you re-upload HDFmaker. The link has expired, and I had to rebuild my PC over Christmas. Thanks
Luzie
Manic Miner

Post by Luzie »

PeterJ wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 10:59 am @Luzie,

Please could you re-upload HDFmaker. The link has expired, and I had to rebuild my PC over Christmas. Thanks
While the share for this older official "HDFMaker v009.387 seems to be gone, I created a new package:
In-official "HDFMaker v009.417" (about 480 MB size) can be downloaded at: https://magentacloud.de/s/BsQQQY5gzdAfDma

Luzie
Manic Miner

Post by Luzie »

Updated after more than 2 Years...

Download "HDFMaker v010.509": https://magentacloud.de/s/yNqHgtEsqxdKCae (Size 652 MB ZIPPED).

Most important Change:
#CSpect v2.19.4.4 added, which supports "NextZXOS v2.09 RC7".
(Newest #CSpect v2.19.5.1 don´t work with it).