Running ZXDS on a DSi

Struggling with Fuse or trying to find an emulator with a specific feature. Ask your questions here.
MonkZy
Manic Miner

Running ZXDS on a DSi

Post by MonkZy »

I have spent this evening trying to get [mention]Patrik Rak[/mention] 's ZXDS to run on a DSi with no success.

I am using the Memory Pit exploit (camera/SD card) to launch a homebrew menu. When I launch ZXDS I get a splash screen with 'ZXDS IS BOOTING PLEASE WAIT...' but nothing happens. I have left if for 20 minutes or so just to be sure.

I have tried using TWiLight++ menu and also a very lean devkitPro HBMenu install (just the BOOT.NDS file in the root of the SD card) but both give the same results when i launch the ZXDS.nds file.

Is there something I have missed in getting homebrew/ZXDS up and running?
MonkZy
Manic Miner

Re: Running ZXDS on a DSi

Post by MonkZy »

I have pretty much given up getting ZXDS to run from the SD card on a DSi.

I now realise that getting unofficial software to run on the DSi is a clandestine occupation that is best left to software thieves and 1337 hacksters.

The irony is, I was given the DSi by my son (who upgraded to a switch) and all I wanted to do is run ZXDS and now I have a fully jailbreaked DSi that is capable of running copyrighted software easily obtainable from ROM sites...but ZXDS still does not fully work (DLDI issues). I had absolutely no interest in making my DSi run pirated software at all, but now I can. I have lost many hours which could have been spent working on my SpectraMUD software.

If anyone reads this post please DO NOT reply with help because I do not want to bring the might of the Nintendo legal team down on this fabulous forum.

If you are reading this Nintendo...sort it out!!! People will crack your systems one way or another. Some people just want to run cool homebrew (Me).

I did get a look at the emulator and it looks fantastic Good work [mention]Patrik Rak[/mention], I just cannot load/save files to the SD card on the DSi.