Running TBBlue in ZEsarUX on a MAC

Struggling with Fuse or trying to find an emulator with a specific feature. Ask your questions here.
stupidget
Dynamite Dan

Running TBBlue in ZEsarUX on a MAC

Post by stupidget »

As the post title states I'm trying to run TBBlue in ZEsarUX on my MAC. I've managed to get TBBlue up and running on my MAC but when I try and run a game, via the Smart Load option, I get weird clicking sounds and nothing happens. The only game that nearly works is the NEXT version of Hall of the Things and that get's to the menu screen but crashes whenever I try and play the game. Has anybody got an idiots guide to getting NEXT games to work in TBBlue?
PeterJ
Site Admin

Re: Running TBBlue in ZEsarUX on a MAC

Post by PeterJ »

We need [mention]chernandezba[/mention]!

When I do that I always think of the shopkeeper from Mr Ben! (Showing my age)

[mention]chernandezba[/mention] will now appear. Just like magic.
chernandezba
Microbot

Post by chernandezba »

PeterJ wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:48 am We need @chernandezba!

When I do that I always think of the shopkeeper from Mr Ben! (Showing my age)

@chernandezba will now appear. Just like magic.
Just like Magic, here again ;)
stupidget
Dynamite Dan

Post by stupidget »

I hope he's wearing his purple fez
chernandezba
Microbot

Post by chernandezba »

stupidget wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:46 am As the post title states I'm trying to run TBBlue in ZEsarUX on my MAC. I've managed to get TBBlue up and running on my MAC but when I try and run a game, via the Smart Load option, I get weird clicking sounds and nothing happens. The only game that nearly works is the NEXT version of Hall of the Things and that get's to the menu screen but crashes whenever I try and play the game. Has anybody got an idiots guide to getting NEXT games to work in TBBlue?
Hi

Smartload on tbblue is only intented for loading tap files or snapshots from files on your pc. As tbblue/next machine works with its own SD card, that’s not probably what you want

Sd card is emulated in ZEsarUX as a virtual card contained in file tbblue.mmc. When you select tbblue machine for the first time, ZEsarUX will ask you to use that tbblue.mmc virtual card or download one from the official site. I don’t recommend the second choice as they may have updated something in the operating system and maybe ZEsarUX can’t handle these changes. So I recommend you to use the included tbblue.mmc file

You can use the stable 8.1 ZEsarUX version:

https://github.com/chernandezba/zesarux ... es/tag/8.1

Or even the beta version, which has some tbblue fixes:

https://github.com/chernandezba/zesarux ... 2-02072020

The included tbblue image has already some demos and games included, which you can load from the Loader/Browser menu from Nextos.
If you want to add more files to the virtual sd card, please read the faq (look for section about mmc files and imdisk tool)

Regards
Cesar
chernandezba
Microbot

Post by chernandezba »

stupidget wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:06 am I hope he's wearing his purple fez
What is a fez? 🤣
PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

chernandezba wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:16 am
stupidget wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:06 am I hope he's wearing his purple fez
What is a fez? 🤣
The Fez is a felt headdress in the shape of a short cylindrical peakless hat, usually red, and sometimes with a tassel attached to the top. The name "Fez" refers to the Moroccan city of Fez (capital of the Kingdom of Morocco until 1927), where the dye to colour the hat was extracted from crimson berries. The modern fez owes much of its popularity to the Ottoman era.

Here you go:

stupidget
Dynamite Dan

Post by stupidget »

I can boot into TBBlue but I now get this error:

I've downloaded the CSpect 2gb Distro NEXT image so I now have the enNextZX.rom and enNxtMMC.rom files but I'm not sure where to put them.
chernandezba
Microbot

Post by chernandezba »

PeterJ wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:56 am
chernandezba wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:16 am What is a fez? 🤣
The Fez is a felt headdress in the shape of a short cylindrical peakless hat, usually red, and sometimes with a tassel attached to the top. The name "Fez" refers to the Moroccan city of Fez (capital of the Kingdom of Morocco until 1927), where the dye to colour the hat was extracted from crimson berries. The modern fez owes much of its popularity to the Ottoman era.

Here you go:

Thanks! :)
chernandezba
Microbot

Post by chernandezba »

stupidget wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:00 pm I can boot into TBBlue but I now get this error:

I've downloaded the CSpect 2gb Distro NEXT image so I now have the enNextZX.rom and enNxtMMC.rom files but I'm not sure where to put them.
Please read my post again. You are using a version older than the stable 8.1 I said. And when you select the tbblue machine (or go to storage-mmc menu) there’s an option to activate the included mmc or download from the official site. Try it again. In case of doubt, read the faq
stupidget
Dynamite Dan

Post by stupidget »

Finally got it working. Changed the tbblue.mmc to tbblue.img added it as a drive to my MAC added some games to the GAME folder, changed the extension back to .mmc and it's all working great. The problem is that it makes we want a NEXT even more now :lol: :lol:
Seven.FFF
Manic Miner

Post by Seven.FFF »

stupidget wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:37 pm Finally got it working. Changed the tbblue.mmc to tbblue.img added it as a drive to my MAC added some games to the GAME folder, changed the extension back to .mmc and it's all working great. The problem is that it makes we want a NEXT even more now :lol: :lol:
There will be a second kickstarter soon, with the opportunity to get a real Next. The campaign will still take months to run, manufacture and ship Nexts, so if you are really impatient you can buy a ZX-DOS+ from Antonio Villena. Contact him for details if it is showing out of stock. He also has a gomaDOS+ (not currently listed) which will fit in a rubber key case. Both the ZX-DOS+ and gomaDOS+ will run the Next core, as well as the ZX-UNO core and other alternate cores.
Robin Verhagen-Guest
SevenFFF / Threetwosevensixseven / colonel32
NXtel NXTP ESP Update ESP Reset CSpect Plugins