ZEsarUX 9.0

Struggling with Fuse or trying to find an emulator with a specific feature. Ask your questions here.
chernandezba
Microbot

Re: ZEsarUX 9.0

Post by chernandezba »

akeley wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:16 pm Thank you for a great emulator, @chernandezba.

It's great there is an option to Redefine keys - probably the only emulator with such capability, which si super handy for games with silly key bindings.

I could not remap special keys though, only digits and letters. Is there any way to do it?
Thank you for using it :)
Can’t map to special keys, I mean, you can only map to letters and digits. Other keys need two-key combinations and it’s not supported yet on ZEsarUX. But I will consider it ;)

Cheers
César
llewelyn
Manic Miner

Post by llewelyn »

I hope this isn't the wrong place to ask but can someone help me get ZesarUX running? I downloaded and unpacked it from GitHub and now have a folder called zesarUX master in which are two folders called screenshots and src and two files GITIGNORE and README.MD which is a file type I do not recognize.

I had hoped to find an INSTALL option and in the SRC folder there are 2 INSTALL and WINDOWSINSTALL but clicking them I get asked what to use to open them with and I do not know. This is rather frustrating. I had expected to get an automated install but apparently not!
PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

Hi [mention]llewelyn[/mention],

GitHub can be rather confusing. You need to click on the releases tab.

https://github.com/chernandezba/zesarux/releases
llewelyn
Manic Miner

Post by llewelyn »

Thanks Peter, I followed that link but I'm none the wiser. Its just a huge listing of all the updates and features. As i said in my post, I have got the ZesarUX Master files but theres no way I can find to make any use of them and I'm none the wiser for watching a couple of YouTube videos purporting to explain what to do with it!

The day before I downloaded CSpect but thats even worse as far as user unfriendliness goes!

Put it down to me being a thicko cos thats how I feel.
+3code

Post by +3code »

llewelyn wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:55 pm Thanks Peter, I followed that link but I'm none the wiser. Its just a huge listing of all the updates and features. As i said in my post, I have got the ZesarUX Master files but theres no way I can find to make any use of them and I'm none the wiser for watching a couple of YouTube videos purporting to explain what to do with it!

The day before I downloaded CSpect but thats even worse as far as user unfriendliness goes!

Click on "Assets" (end of the page) and download the zip file for Windows.

Here:
https://github.com/chernandezba/zesarux ... ws-9.0.zip
llewelyn
Manic Miner

Post by llewelyn »

+3code wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:09 pm
llewelyn wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:55 pm Thanks Peter, I followed that link but I'm none the wiser. Its just a huge listing of all the updates and features. As i said in my post, I have got the ZesarUX Master files but theres no way I can find to make any use of them and I'm none the wiser for watching a couple of YouTube videos purporting to explain what to do with it!

Click on "Assets" (end of the page) and download the zip file for Windows.

Here:
https://github.com/chernandezba/zesarux ... ws-9.0.zip
YAY! Thanks man! BTW I'm getting the odd snap, crackle and pop on audio, is this normal?

Alright this is obviously going to take some time to suss out but I got to the TBBlue settings and now I'd best read the manual as I'm already a bit lost with all the menus popping up and not having the expected Windows controls to shut them down with.

I'm still very pleased and happy and grateful for yours and Peters help, though. So now I'd best see how far I can get on my own before giving up and hollering for help.
nroyal
Drutt

Multiple joysticks

Post by nroyal »

Hello everyone,

I am new to ZEsarUX, so I apologize for a possibly noob or already answered question (I couldn't find the answer to it anywhere).

Is it possible to use 2 joysticks with ZEsarUX? I am using ZEsarUX with RetroPie. The first joystick is nicely recognized as Kempston, but whatever I do, I cannot make it recognize the 2nd joystick. When I go to settings - key mappings, the second joystick moves and buttons are not recognized at all. I am using Speedlink competition pro. Also, no difference if I use any other USB port for the joystick.

Within RetroPi itself, both joysticks work very well.

Again, I am very sorry for the possibly noob question.

Niklas
PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

Welcome. I'm sure [mention]chernandezba[/mention] will come back to you.
chernandezba
Microbot

Post by chernandezba »

PeterJ wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:52 pm Welcome. I'm sure @chernandezba will come back to you.
Thanks Peter for telling me :)

Sadly this is a quick answer: No, you can't use two joysticks at the same time. ZEsarUX will only recognize one of them. There need to be done lots of changes: joystick driver changes, emulation core, etc... so it can't be easily added.
I will put it on my TO-DO list and maybe in a near future you could have it ;)

Cheers
Cesar
nroyal
Drutt

Multiple joysticks

Post by nroyal »

Thanks Cezar for a prompt answer, and above all for a great work :)