ZXBaremulator v3.0

Struggling with Fuse or trying to find an emulator with a specific feature. Ask your questions here.
Pegaz
Dynamite Dan

Re: ZXBaremulator v3.0

Post by Pegaz »

Very nice.
This is exactly what I intend to do with just a slightly different connectors layout.
My idea is to have a separate SD Card slot, HDMI Out and USB port in the space where the edge connector is.
Composite video and PSU connector would be in the original places, the ear output would take the audio jack, and the mic would be for the reset button.
Also, I like your solution for the LED, I didn't plan it, but it looks really nice.
I'm still in the dilemma of using spare Pi3B I have or buying another Pi3 A+ for this purpose, due to its smaller size.
Mort
Microbot

Re: ZXBaremulator v3.0

Post by Mort »

HI Pegaz,
It really depends on what case you want to use, if its an original size the Pi a is a much better fit, if its the speccy + or bigger you can easily fit in the standard pi,

I would have gone for a pi zero but I like to have the audio out option and would rather pay 10 pounds more for the pi 3a than the zero having a lot of spare horsepower for futureproofing. Would have also have been nice to have original tape loading but this is not and option through the audio socket. I use it with ZX Spectrum TOSEC-based Set v2017-11-06 by Lady Eclipse with my favourites in a seperate directory for ease of finding.

https://archive.org/details/ZXSpectrumT ... adyEklipse

I have ordered a old speccy plus shell and new membrane keyboard for another,will post when i get this done. You can`t have too many Speccys 8-)

Just wish could incorporate my scans to let me read the full manuals and instructions or just see the tape as I load it. Maybe for the future. Fpga or baremetal emulation with an all encompassing frontend!! :D
Scanner extraordinaire, 1000`s of magazines and Software from the 8 and 16 bit era now up on internet archive in lovely 600dpi.
Donations are welcome of items to scan that are no longer needed ;)