Testing emulators using z80test-1.0. Quick results

Struggling with Fuse or trying to find an emulator with a specific feature. Ask your questions here.
azesmbog
Manic Miner

Re: Testing emulators using z80test-1.0. Quick results

Post by azesmbog »

akeley wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:36 pm I ran the "full" test on my MiSTer's ZX Spectrum core (FPGA). It failed 9 / 152 tests.
MiSTer usually did not pass the first two tests, but Sorgelig fixed everything in the T80 long ago and should pass all tests. In ZX UNo, the T80 core is the same, and as far as I remember it passes all the tests.
akeley
Dynamite Dan

Post by akeley »

Lethargeek wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:11 pm do these fail the z80doc test as well?
The first two (scf) pass in z80doc, the INs still fail.

Here are 2 scr$, first is from full, second from doc.

azesmbog wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:07 pm MiSTer usually did not pass the first two tests, but Sorgelig fixed everything in the T80 long ago and should pass all tests. In ZX UNo, the T80 core is the same, and as far as I remember it passes all the tests.
Can't be that long ago, because some big fixes came only recently (cycle accuracy/conention) from the Mist core. In any case, I've just updated everything and as you can see it still happens.

Like I said in my previous post there are some settings in the core, can they affect the results?
Lethargeek
Manic Miner

Post by Lethargeek »

akeley wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:57 pm The first two (scf) pass in z80doc, the INs still fail.
Bad news. Especially bad for "IN A, (N)" as it shouldn't affect any flags at all. Or it's even worse if it's not about the flags. :?
azesmbog
Manic Miner

Post by azesmbog »

ZXSEC
http://cngsoft.no-ip.org/cpcec.htm
Interesting emulator, 2-in-1. I didn’t come across it before, and I didn’t find it in the search on the forum.
Passes all tests except my border tests. Timings are not very accurate.
PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

azesmbog wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 4:55 pm ZXSEC
I didn’t come across it before, and I didn’t find it in the search on the forum.
The included CPC emulator is good. I like the idea of having two emulators in one package!
PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

MAME 0.227

Luzie
Manic Miner

Post by Luzie »

PeterJ wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:54 pm MAME 0.227

Question on this test: Is this testing "Spectrum-exclusive-Tests" or "General Z80-Core-Tests"? I ask because if those Tests, where MAME 0.227 fails, are problem with MAMEs Z80 Core which can effect also other Systems in MAME like Arcade-Machines?
TMD2003
Rick Dangerous

Post by TMD2003 »

Furthermore, is this designed purely as an emulator test, or could it work just as well for real hardware?

I ask because my venerable old +2 almost certainly has a slight problem with the Z80, but every diagnostic test I've ever run on it, it's come up fine. I've got two +3s, one of which I know has a dodgy Z80, as when I swapped them over, it was the other +3 that had all the problems, so I might try it on those two and see what happens.
Spectribution: Dr. Jim's Sinclair computing pages.
Features my own programs, modified type-ins, RZXs, character sets & UDGs, and QL type-ins... so far!
PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

TMD2003 wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 3:52 pm I ask because my venerable old +2 almost certainly has a slight problem with the Z80, but every diagnostic test I've ever run on it, it's come up fine. I've got two +3s, one of which I know has a dodgy Z80, as when I swapped them over, it was the other +3 that had all the problems, so I might try it on those two and see what happens.
For soak testing real hardware [mention]TMD2003[/mention] I would recommend this:

https://github.com/brendanalford/zx-diagnostics/wiki

You will also need this to put the ROM onto. Its very reasonably priced at under £30.

Peter
TMD2003
Rick Dangerous

Post by TMD2003 »

PeterJ wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 4:05 pm For soak testing real hardware @TMD2003 I would recommend this:

https://github.com/brendanalford/zx-diagnostics/wiki

You will also need this to put the ROM onto. Its very reasonably priced at under £30.
That's the diagnostic test that showed no problems. I am going to test Patrik's program (converted to WAV and loaded the normal way) and see if it gives a second opinion.
Features my own programs, modified type-ins, RZXs, character sets & UDGs, and QL type-ins... so far!
PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

The tests in this thread are for checking emulators. If it passed the diagnostic checks what makes you thing the machine is faulty?

This may need moving to a new thread.
Luzie
Manic Miner

Post by Luzie »

PeterJ wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:54 pm MAME 0.227
Just for completeness, these are the test, where MAME 0.227 fails:

Reported it to the MAMEDEV-Team in official MAMEDEV-Forum at: https://forum.mamedev.org/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=648
PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

[mention]TMD2003[/mention]

Have you run the the test ROM built into the +3?

viewtopic.php?t=1572
TMD2003
Rick Dangerous

Post by TMD2003 »

I never even knew that existed, but I'll need a test that can run on any of the Amstrad-era machines at the very least.
ZjoyKiLer
Dizzy

Post by ZjoyKiLer »

The following are the results from my Z80 emulator, tested using my multi-system emulator (YUME). The Z80 core is a C89 library which I'll release soon under the terms of the LGPLv3 or later. It's fast, small, easy to understand and fully documented.

The Z80 core implements everything know about the Z80 and includes full support for the interrupt mode 0 and the special reset.

Patrik Rak's Zilog Z80 CPU Test Suite v1.0:

Frank D. Cringle's Z80 Instruction Set Exerciser (adaptated and improved by Patrik Rak and Jonathan Graham Harston):

Mark Woodmass' Z80 Test Suite:

Those tests can also be executed without a machine emulator. I've written a small utility to run them and output the resuls to the standard output, which will also be included in the official distribution of the library.