Fuse 1.5.4 released

Struggling with Fuse or trying to find an emulator with a specific feature. Ask your questions here.
Fred
Drutt

Fuse 1.5.4 released

Post by Fred »

A new release of Fuse, the Free Unix Spectrum Emulator, is now available at the SourceForge project:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/fuse-emulator/

Highlights of this release include:
  • Add *.FMF as an allowed filetype to file selectors
  • Save SCR from current display file
  • Use 44.1KHz as default sound frequency
  • Upgrade to libspectrum 1.4.3 to fix TC2048 and TC2068 timings regression
  • Various minor bugfixes
Many thanks to everyone who's contributed to this release. Source code and binaries for Windows are currently available on the SourceForge site; compiled binaries for various other platforms should become available in the next few days.
PeterJ
Site Admin

Re: Fuse 1.5.4 released

Post by PeterJ »

Hi [mention]Fred[/mention]

Would you consider adding a PPA for Ubuntu so people can easily update at release time to the latest versions?
Fred
Drutt

Post by Fred »

Hi [mention]PeterJ[/mention]
We mainly focus on source releases, but would be happy for someone to build and maintain a PPA with latest Fuse releases. There is some discussion at the moment on supporting Flatpak which would let many Linuxes have up-to-date releases when they are released without waiting for their distro to update Fuse.
PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

Hi [mention]Fred[/mention],

Thanks for the quick reply. I have a build from source script I use. Would it be OK for me to PM that to you for you to review. I'm happy to help the team in building from source for each release if that would help others.

Flatpak would be great.
Fred
Drutt

Post by Fred »

Hi [mention]PeterJ[/mention]
Yes please do I'd be happy to have a look (though I'm no expert on Ubuntu or apt). Have you seen the Ubuntu packages here https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/fuse-emulator - maybe you could reuse these package scripts as well?
PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

Thanks [mention]Fred[/mention], I will send it to you. Peter
Hernan
Drutt

Post by Hernan »

I read today about Flatpak support and tried it on my notebook running latest Manjaro stable release, works great! :D
PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

Awsome! Just tried it on Ubuntu 18.04 and it installs the latest version perfectly. Thanks to [mention]Fred[/mention] and the team for doing this.

The only warning I get is 'Gtk-Message: Failed to load module canberra-gtk-module'
Fred
Drutt

Post by Fred »

Thanks Peter, the credit for this one goes to Alberto Garcia who took the initiative to produce and maintain the Flatpak release - glad to hear it is already being helpful!