Re: Spectrum memes

Post by akeley »

2 x

PeteProdge
Dynamite Dan

Post by PeteProdge »

2 x
Reheated Pixels - a combination of retrogaming, comedy and factual musing, is here now!
8pm Tuesday 25th Aug: A Speccy-centric look at Mastertronic's 180, live!

p13z
Dizzy

Post by p13z »

2 x

Morkin
Dynamite Dan

Post by Morkin »

3 x

TMD2003
Manic Miner

Post by TMD2003 »

It's odd, but there is a sort of Chuntey Field Disruptor these days that the people of 30-something years ago could never have imagined would become so common.
A Spectrum user wrote:I know, I think I'll just load this very long 128K game to amuse me this afternoon. Lotus Esprit Turbo Challenge, that should do it.
128K Spectrum wrote:*Nine minutes of loading noises*
Scumbag mobile phone wrote:I know, I think I'll just update something completely irrelevant and check that there still hasn't been a message sent to this number for three weeks. Dit-de-dit dit-de-dit dit-de-dit...
128K Spectrum wrote:R Tape loading error, 0:1
Scumbag mobile phone wrote:*cackle*
And it gets worse. Scumbag Mobile Phone can even choose to dit-de-dit all over the data when it's being recorded, such as when it's coming out of a WAV and onto a tape. That's why I keep it switched off!
2 x
Spectribution: Dr. Jim's Sinclair computing pages.
Features my own programs, modified type-ins, RZXs, character sets & UDGs, and QL type-ins... so far!

p13z
Dizzy

Post by p13z »

TMD2003 wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:50 pm
And it gets worse. Scumbag Mobile Phone can even choose to dit-de-dit all over the data when it's being recorded, such as when it's coming out of a WAV and onto a tape. That's why I keep it switched off!
You can get the same chuntey disruption if you attempt to load a game at midnight GMT - and happen to have an old Kindle too near your Speccy :O
0 x