5MinuteRetro
Manic Miner

Re: Whatever happened to... John Minson

Post by 5MinuteRetro » Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:41 pm

FlexibleHead wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:04 pm
5MinuteRetro wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:53 am
But photos captioned 'Hannah Smith' don't make Hannah Smith a real person. Those could be photos of anyone --
So basically what you're saying is Hannah Smith was probably Priscilla Langridge... :shock:
Oh good lord. I'm not sure what the teenage me would've made of that!
0 x
Retro stuff, real quick
YouTube: http://bit.ly/5MinuteRetro
Twitter: https://twitter.com/5MinuteRetro

Rorthron
Manic Miner

Post by Rorthron » Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:57 pm

5MinuteRetro wrote:
Okay, this isn't exactly a Moon-landings-level conspiracy theory but I remain unconvinced that HS was a real person.
While it's possible she wasn't real, I'm not sure why you are so sceptical. I may have misunderstood you, but the only reasons you gave are that there wasn't a fanfare when she left her job, and you are not aware of her online presence. Neither of those things seems to me unusual. Isn't it simpler and more likely that she existed, but went off to be a civil servant, have kids, or whatever, and so disappeared off Speccy fans' radars?
Last edited by Rorthron on Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

Rorthron
Manic Miner

Post by Rorthron » Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:23 pm

There's only one way to settle this....

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1049
2 x

PeteProdge
Manic Miner

Post by PeteProdge » Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:34 pm

I'd also like to point out I have met Lloyd Mangram. Well, actually one of the people who played him. Crash editor Eddie McKendrick went on to work in the New Media department of Nickelodeon UK in the mid-1990s, over in... Rathbone Place. (Yes, the building that once housed Your Sinclair.) Very surreal for me to have a job interview in such a Spectrum-centric place, conducted by a key Spectrum figure. Alas, I did not get the job.
0 x

5MinuteRetro
Manic Miner

Post by 5MinuteRetro » Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:16 pm

Rorthron wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:57 pm
5MinuteRetro wrote:
Okay, this isn't exactly a Moon-landings-level conspiracy theory but I remain unconvinced that HS was a real person.
While it's possible she wasn't real, I'm not sure why you are so sceptical. I may have misunderstood you, but the only reasons you gave are that there wasn't a fanfare when she left her job, and you are not aware of her online presence. Neither of those things seems to me unusual. Isn't it simpler and more likely that she existed, but went off to be a civil servant, have kids, or whatever, and so disappeared off Speccy fans' radars?
Yep, that's entirely possible. I guess my doubt has always existed and has been cemented by Rignall contradicting Kean, or vice versa, and by the fact that she hasn't in any way resurfaced anywhere - which seems especially surprising given the particular retro interest in Crash over the past couple of years. Oh, and because made-up magazine staff are hardly unusual. :)
0 x
Retro stuff, real quick
YouTube: http://bit.ly/5MinuteRetro
Twitter: https://twitter.com/5MinuteRetro

Wall_Axe
Microbot

Post by Wall_Axe » Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:21 pm

5MinuteRetro wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:16 pm
Rorthron wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:57 pm
5MinuteRetro wrote:
Yep, that's entirely possible. I guess my doubt has always existed and has been cemented by Rignall contradicting Kean, or vice versa, and by the fact that she hasn't in any way resurfaced anywhere - which seems especially surprising given the particular retro interest in Crash over the past couple of years. Oh, and because made-up magazine staff are hardly unusual. :)
0 x