The great 'Make a Chip' inventory

Y'know, other stuff, Sinclair related.
R-Tape
Site Admin

The great 'Make a Chip' inventory

Post by R-Tape »

I spent the afternoon sorting through old cassettes that should have been stored better, and putting them in proper, tightly sealed containers. I was appalled to discover that I've only got 5 copies of Make a Chip! I think my Scrabble and Survival are similar, but they're packed away in the attic.

It'll be an easy challenge, but can anyone beat that? (Fog seemed to have more than were actually created in the first place, but I don't think he's active these days)

Maybe we should have a meet where Specchums get together and bring their M-A-Cs to demonstrate status...
Juan F. Ramirez
Bugaboo

Re: The great 'Make a Chip' inventory

Post by Juan F. Ramirez »

It seems I'm the only Spectrum user I don't have a copy! ;)

By the way, what is it about?
PeteProdge
Bugaboo

Post by PeteProdge »

The Atari 2600 had E.T.

We have Make-A-Chip.
Reheated Pixels - a combination of retrogaming, comedy and factual musing, is here!
New video: Nine ZX Spectrum magazine controversies - How Crash, Your Sinclair and Sinclair User managed to offend the world!
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

Juan F. Ramirez wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:47 pm By the way, what is it about?
Are you trying to tell us you didn't load it up BITD and build a fully functioning microchip like the rest of us?! :o
Juan F. Ramirez
Bugaboo

Post by Juan F. Ramirez »

No. I had a sad chilhood.
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

The first time I loaded it was about 2 years ago, in an emulator. I still don't know how to make a chip.

I can't remember if any of these 5 tapes actually work!
Ast A. Moore
Rick Dangerous

Post by Ast A. Moore »

Joking aside, I think it’s pretty good. Not £9.95 good, but good. It slipped past me BITD, but I’d have been super happy if I’d had it. Simple, clear, and no-nonsense approach to demonstrating how basic logic gates work written in . . . BASIC (I know). Much better than flipping through boring textbooks (especially for a kid).

Someone was asking about learning electronics in another thread. Well, this would make for a pretty good start. (Okay, not for learning electronics per se, but simple digital circuits for sure.)
Every man should plant a tree, build a house, and write a ZX Spectrum game.

Author of A Yankee in Iraq, a 50 fps shoot-’em-up—the first game to utilize the floating bus on the +2A/+3,
and zasm Z80 Assembler syntax highlighter.