I handed over dosh and today I acquired...

Y'know, other stuff, Sinclair related.
1024MAK
Bugaboo

I handed over dosh and today I acquired...

Post by 1024MAK »

Go on then, list all the retro gear that you have paid silly amounts of money for, or maybe items you got a good deal on... :mrgreen: :D

Today, for me, my neighbour has taken delivery of a parcel from Rapid Electronics containing various electronic parts to play with, sorry, I mean, repair things with :mrgreen:

Mark
:!: Standby alert :!:
“There are four lights!”
Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb :dance
Looking forward to summer later in the year.
stupidget
Dynamite Dan

Re: I handed over dosh and today I acquired...

Post by stupidget »

A few years ago I got a boxed 48k speccy with mint poly inserts, manual all the cables and the horizons tape for £10 off gumtree!!! The most I’ve spent was either £50 on a dragon 32 or £30 on a late 70s Ashby skateboard!!

My missus got me a boxed Astro Wars for my birthday a few years ago and she got that for £20 off eBay.

My dad bought a Tandy LCD game called ‘Hold Up’ for £50. I’d originally had it as an Easter present in the early 80s. It was eventually banned by Tandy due to the fact that you had to hold up cashiers with a gun whilst your mate robbed the safe. Pretty rare these days.
FelisSapien
Drutt

Post by FelisSapien »

Here's my latest haul... I was looking for another rubber keyboard Spectrum for spares and came across an auction for a 48k Spectrum with Extras. It was collection only but fortunately local. Made an opening bid and... no one else seemed to notice. All mine for £25

Here's what I collected...

The Speccy is a rev 4A and in generally good condition. The faceplate still has the protective film attached. It's been on for so long now that I don't think it will come off without damaging the plate it protects.

These are the extras...

Aside from this I've also picked up a Meanwell PSU replacement for a BBC Master. But that's a story for another forum...
PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

My most recent retro purchase is two mint Rotronic Wafadrives

R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

FelisSapien wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:33 pm All mine for £25
Not bad, assuming that it doesn't work, very well played if it does!
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

I haven't bought anything for a while, because I already have more stuff than I have the hardware skills to deal with. This thread brought this to mind though:

I bought it several year's ago, advertised as a 48K speccy, in a bespoke rusty metal case with hard keys. The note I made at the time says "Another bloody low RAMTOP!". It's possible that it's actually a 16K, and neither I nor the seller knew, or that it's a broken 48K. There was also that modulator problem (that I still don't know how to fix) that means you only see shades of blue/white.

I can't remember how much I paid for it, but I remember at the time there was some amazement that it sold at all. The general consensus was that it's a monstrosity! I suppose to some that means I paid silly money for it. I kind of like its appearance, and it's probably as close as I'll get to owing one of the forrin clones.

And to be fair to the seller, when I mentioned the issues, they offered to cancel and pay me back.