Speccies in reading books

Y'know, other stuff, Sinclair related.
Spud
Manic Miner

Speccies in reading books

Post by Spud »

This is my son's reading book at school:

I excitedly told him I had that computer. He scurried off downstairs and came back somewhat underwhelmed.

Did NASA use a prototype Toastrack on its rockets?

The book is "Red Planet" by Roderick Hunt and Alex Brytcha (in case you want to read it yourself).
PROSM
Manic Miner

Re: Speccies in reading books

Post by PROSM »

I have heard something about NASA using a ZX Spectrum to generate slow-scan television signals on one of their spacecraft back in the 80s and 90s, but I can't find any sources to confirm this.
All software to-date
Working on something, as always.
8BitAG
Dynamite Dan

Post by 8BitAG »

Spud wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:38 pm The book is "Red Planet" by Roderick Hunt and Alex Brytcha (in case you want to read it yourself).
I've lost count of how many times I've had to listen to these books being read. :)

The Speccy is one of the more futuristic-looking pieces of tech... I usually have to explain a lot of the illustrations these days! One of the books is called 'The Camcorder'!
8-bit Text Adventure Gamer - games - research.
RMartins
Manic Miner

Post by RMartins »

PROSM wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:03 pm I have heard something about NASA using a ZX Spectrum to generate slow-scan television signals on one of their spacecraft back in the 80s and 90s, but I can't find any sources to confirm this.
That would be cool if confirmed, but I seriously doubt it :D