Micro Adventurer Magazine Help

Y'know, other stuff, Sinclair related.
Vampyre
Manic Miner

Micro Adventurer Magazine Help

Post by Vampyre »

Hi guys,

This is a complete and utter long-shot and I don't expect anyone to actually know these details but, heck, it's worth a go, someone might remember something. Or even longer shot worked on or knew someone who worked for the magazine.

I'm currently adding Micro Adventurer reviews to ZXSR and the perfectionist in me wants to get all of the reviews allocated to the correct reviewer. Every Micro Adventurer review has the initials of the reviewer at the end - great - but the problem is I've got 7 initials that I simply cannot find out their full names. The flannel panels are no use as they don't list everyone involved. I've also gone through every single page (there's not that many issues/pages) and managed to associate certain named articles with initials but there are simply some who are not named anywhere - that I can find at least.

So on the million-to-one shot that someone might know something it would be much appreciated. It's just me being a bit anal with the data; if no one knows they'll have to go in as the initials.

Anyway, the missing reviewer names have the initials:

AT (11)
BP (6)
DD (3,4,6,7,8,9)
GW (9,11,13)
MW (3)
SC (3,4,7,9)
SW (15, 17)

Numbers in brackets are the issue numbers they have reviews in. For information, the names I have managed to find are:

Andrew Briggs
Andy Mitchell
Andy Pennell
Andrew Pepper
Barbara Conway
Barry Miles
Bob Collman
Brendon Gore
Brian Lloyd
Carmel Anderson
Cath Bilgora
Chris Jenkins
Cleo Cherry
David Fox
David Kelly
David Lake
David Newton
Geraldine Smith
Graham Cunningham
Graham Taylor
Gren Hatton
Ivor Benstead
Jason Orbaum
Jean Burgess
Jenny Ireland
John Cook
John de Rivaz
John Fraser
Julie Lewis
Ken Matthews
Kerr Eastman
Kevin Bergin
Laurence Miller
Lyman Alpha
Margaret Norman
Martin Croft
Mike Costello
Mike Grace
Mike Stockwell
Nigel Mitchell
Noel Williams
Peter Berlin
Peter Green
Phil McDonald
Richard Bartle
Robin Burgess
Robert Kingsley
Ron Stewart
Sally Glover
Scott Duncan
Simon Langston
Stephen Robinson
Stuart Hughes
Theresa Lacey
Tom Frost
Tony Bridge
Tony James
Tony Roberts

Thanks guys!
ZX Spectrum Reviews REST API: http://zxspectrumreviews.co.uk/
spider
Dynamite Dan

Re: Micro Adventurer Magazine Help

Post by spider »

Micro Adventurer is something I would like to eventually read, a question of not enough time.

Hopefully someone can help with your quest (no pun intended) , one thought did occur to me however: Is there any possibility that any of these missing 'reviewers' their initials were a typo/type-setting issue ? Less likely if they reviewed more than once though I suspect.
Vampyre
Manic Miner

Post by Vampyre »

Thanks for the reply.

MA is a nice read. There's not many issues (17) and each is only about 50 pages, many of them ads, so wouldn't take long to get through. The quality of the mags outside the big 3 has been something of a surprise for myself. Big K and Personal Computer Gamer are both very good too.

In answer to your question I did consider misspellings (the old mags are chock full of them) but most are in too many issues so you would assume they were corrected over time. Still entirely possible though!
ZX Spectrum Reviews REST API: http://zxspectrumreviews.co.uk/
spider
Dynamite Dan

Post by spider »

You're welcome. I'll try to take a look when I can then.

I did for a few moments consider the possibility some of the reviewers might of been erm 'Lloyd Mangram' style perhaps but that seemed a bit unlikely.