3 cheers for the Spectrum Show!

Y'know, other stuff, Sinclair related.
llewelyn
Manic Miner

3 cheers for the Spectrum Show!

Post by llewelyn »

Paul Jenkinson deserves recognition for his invaluable contributions to Spectrum knowledge. I've been working my way through the episodes because of the games reviews that have given me the chance to see what's out there. Otherwise how could one tell from the hundreds of games listed here and at WoS as to whats worth taking a look at? See I missed the whole games thing partly because I was in my 30's when I got my first Speccy and then I emigrated to the States and got a TS2068 but that was for doing work with, mainly writing and there wasn't much available in games for it.

I've been making a list of games that might appeal to me, so far they include:-
Space Raiders
Antiquity Jones
Jet Pac
Manic Miner
Dawn of a new day

It was thanks to Paul I discovered Trader just a couple of days ago and that led me to decide on working through every episode, to see what else I've missed. Having my laptop HDMI'd to a big screen TV makes all these games and the Spectrum Show look so good that even my wife who's always been a bit dismissive of the Speccy, has suddenly converted to being enthusiastic about it! Lets get them and play them, she said last night.

So thank you sincerely Paul Jenkinson all your hard work is entertaining and informative, you're an invaluable resource. Happy New Year mate!
PeterJ
Site Admin

Re: 3 cheers for the Spectrum Show!

Post by PeterJ »

Yes, [mention]PaulJ[/mention] does fantastic work with the show and magazine. He does accept donations if you feel inclined.
Juan F. Ramirez
Bugaboo

Post by Juan F. Ramirez »

Yeah, the Spectrum Show is maybe one of the best Spectrum-related YT channels, a great video series about the Spectrum.
Ersh
Manic Miner

Post by Ersh »

Hear, hear. :)
PaulJ
Microbot

Post by PaulJ »

[blush].. ahhh thanks guys.
Sorry for late reply, working on new episodes as I type.

I didn't post (maybe will now) about the episodes I didn't mention on the forum.. namely
Episode 89 and 90 plus the Xmas Special and new in between episodes episode...
Plus a new issue of the magazine..
Paul Jenkinson | The Spectrum Show & other stuff!
Einar Saukas
Bugaboo

Post by Einar Saukas »

I will take this chance to mention that the Spectrum Show collection is also catalogued by ZXDB.

You will find the Spectrum Show magazine here:

https://spectrumcomputing.co.uk/index.p ... mag_id=213

The contents of a couple issues are indexed, for instance magazine issue #1:

https://spectrumcomputing.co.uk/index.p ... ue_id=4518

Therefore when you visit the Dingo page for instance, you will see the corresponding magazine page inside "MAGAZINE REVIEWS" section.

Similarly, the Spectrum Show Youtube videos are also indexed. At the bottom of this Dingo page, there's a link called "The Spectrum Show (Youtube) (English)" inside "RELATED LINKS" section. Clicking on this link will take you to the exact point in Paul's video where he starts talking about Dingo.

However the information about The Spectrum Show is still incomplete. If anyone is willing to help catalog the missing issues, please let me know! No technical knowledge is required, it's just a matter of completing this spreadsheet. Thanks!
stupidget
Dynamite Dan

Post by stupidget »

100% agree, they're superb shows and always entertaining, don't think there has ever been a bad 'un.

There are only two things I watch on the YouTubes. The Spectrum Show and stuff by Philip Carr-Gomm :D