Disney now co-own the ZX Spectrum. Seriously.

Y'know, other stuff, Sinclair related.
Seven.FFF
Manic Miner

Re: Disney now co-own the ZX Spectrum. Seriously.

Post by Seven.FFF »

Seven.FFF wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:05 pm I think Disney mostly bought the Hollywood/non-News parts of Fox. The Murdochs are trying to get full control of Sky, not sell parts of it off.
I was reading more, and it looks like I was completely wrong! Fox has 39% of Sky and is trying to get full control, but whatever they have at the time the acquisition goes through, will go to Disney.
Robin Verhagen-Guest
SevenFFF / Threetwosevensixseven / colonel32
NXtel NXTP ESP Update ESP Reset CSpect Plugins
Sokurah
Manic Miner

Post by Sokurah »

MatGubbins wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:07 pm
Sokurah wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:51 pm Well, I'm looking forward to the Sabre Wulf movie starring The Rock. :lol:
And Stop the Express with Steven Segal.
I think he already did that one in 1995 though :lol:
Website: Tardis Remakes / Mostly remakes of Arcade and ZX Spectrum games.
My games for the Spectrum: Dingo, The Speccies, The Speccies 2, Vallation & Sqij.
Twitter: Sokurah
PeteProdge
Bugaboo

Post by PeteProdge »

Seven.FFF wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:23 pm
Seven.FFF wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:05 pm I think Disney mostly bought the Hollywood/non-News parts of Fox. The Murdochs are trying to get full control of Sky, not sell parts of it off.
I was reading more, and it looks like I was completely wrong! Fox has 39% of Sky and is trying to get full control, but whatever they have at the time the acquisition goes through, will go to Disney.
Yeah, Rupert Murdoch is focusing on his newspapers and the news side of things. Hence that lovely impartial and totally accurate Fox News will remain in his hands, along with Fox Sports. Apparently, advertising rates are higher for 'real time' content.

It hasn't looked too likely that Murdoch would have got full control of Sky, what with the phone hacking scandal at the Sun and News Of The World, along with various sex scandals from Fox News people.
Reheated Pixels - a combination of retrogaming, comedy and factual musing, is here!
New video: Nine ZX Spectrum magazine controversies - How Crash, Your Sinclair and Sinclair User managed to offend the world!
HexTank
Drutt

Post by HexTank »

Seriously, who gives a crap? If it means no more giving away the zx spectrum brand willy nilly, I'm all for it.

As for game IPs, yeah, not much really, the only real downfall will be refusal of distributing roms, but, meh.

I'll be suprised if anything changes, it'll just be baggage that I'm sure is the real reason they bought fox, for the profit making Sinclair stuffs. :lol: