My Old Website

Y'know, other stuff, Sinclair related.
zedex82
Drutt

My Old Website

Post by zedex82 »

Back in the early 2000's I got hold of a copy of Dreamweaver and played around at creating websites. There were a lot of free hosting sites around at the time and it was all a bit of fun and completely non-profit. There was a lot of people creating their own little tribute websites and it was quite a nice and friendly community.

One site I created was called The Speccy Zone. It was nothing serious, but eventually it was hosted by enuunlim.com. The last update to the website was 2002. This was mainly due to other commitments and I lost the FTP details :(

The website is still live although a lot of the links are dead and some of the info is out of date. There are some silly quizzes, but you will need Flash installed to play them.

The website can be found here http://thespeccyzone.emuunlim.com/speccy.htm

Just thought it was nice to look back at what I was doing 18 years ago.

ZeD
Alessandro
Dynamite Dan

Re: My Old Website

Post by Alessandro »

Thank you for sharing this bit of your past :)

I also dabbled with Dreamweaver and Flash back then. Flash at the time seemed to be the future of web design.

It was also fun to create your website from the base with simple HTML and some CSS to tidy it up (my own website is still structured this way). Of course horrors like garish color choices and animated GIFs splattered all over were common. But it was part of the fun :lol: