Uncle Clive turns 80 today

Y'know, other stuff, Sinclair related.
TMD2003
Rick Dangerous

Re: Uncle Clive turns 80 today

Post by TMD2003 »

Morkin wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:21 pm...I'm sure Sir Clive would appreciate the Dethklok reference... ;)
I was hoping someone would get that.
Morkin wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:21 pmFantastic that there are thousands of those creations from almost 40 years ago all around the world and still working.
As well as some creations from closer to the present... in virtual form. After all, at no point did I ever try to make a Minecraft base that was a damn-near-exact scale model of a ZX80, or any other Sinclair-themed builds. Oh no. Nobody would ever do that!
R-Tape wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:25 pm
TMD2003 wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:58 pm I will celebrate with a bottle of rhubarb cider, which at least represents the red and the green in the Spectrum stripes, as well as the two colours (that aren't black and white) of the QL's text mode. Skål!
Here's the INK/PAPER 6. I didn't even think of it until you said, but tonight I sampled the apple wine I started brewing during lockdown madness, on April 23rd (the Speccy's birthday of course), which I labelled "Old Clive".
Who's going to provide the blue? Or... cyan?
Spectribution: Dr. Jim's Sinclair computing pages.
Features my own programs, modified type-ins, RZXs, character sets & UDGs, and QL type-ins... so far!
1024MAK
Bugaboo

Post by 1024MAK »

I think you are mistaken, he doesn’t look a day over 0x50 :lol:
:!: Standby alert :!:
“There are four lights!”
Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb :dance
Looking forward to summer later in the year.
Morkin
Bugaboo

Post by Morkin »

R-Tape wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:25 pm Image
Haha, brilliant..! :lol: :lol:
My Speccy site: thirdharmoniser.com