World of Spectrum....

Y'know, other stuff, Sinclair related.
Ralf
Rick Dangerous

Re: World of Spectrum....

Post by Ralf »

Yes, I would love to see it in former glory too.

It's been over 15 years since I was reading WOS. Actually my first experiences with WOS were at internet cafes as I didn't still have internet connection at home then ;)

But Alessandro is right saying that it is spoilt much more beyond obsolete, broken technology and lack of updates. It's the people not been able to get excited and find enthusiasm about Spectrum anymore, doing smalltalk about food, drinks and celebrities deaths most of time.

You can fix the technology but can you fix the people? :?:
Nomad
Manic Miner

Post by Nomad »

Ralf wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:36 pm You can fix the technology but can you fix the people? :?:
True words.

I figure most people feel the same way - we would all love to see WOS like when it was in its prime. But its been sick for a long time. And the problems that lead to this whole mess would still have been their.

Still on the plus side, look at all the progress you guys have made here. Sure there were a few problems but its like every week there is new software, or some preservation progress or the new database is coming on leaps and bounds. The thing that really convinced me things were different now is the projects are using standard tech, and its open source.
Rorthron
Dynamite Dan

Post by Rorthron »

I think very few of us want to see WoS fail, and almost all would like to see it restored to its former glory. That just seems less and less likely as time proceeds.

Also, I wouldn't just say "the people" are the problem. There are still good people posting there - it's a small group of people that have made it a place I no longer choose to visit.

All we can do is make SC the best place for the Spectrum that we can. If we then end up with two great Spectrum sites, great; if we end up with one, it's a shame, but the community still has somewhere.