16/48 Tape Magazine 01 - November 1983

Y'know, other stuff, Sinclair related.
catventure
Drutt

Re: 16/48 Tape Magazine 01 - November 1983

Post by catventure »

Hi,

Probably not the mag you discuss above but I seem to remember playing an old quilled text adventure from the 80's (think it was on a Spectrum magazine coverdisk) text only and based on the "Chymical Wedding of Christian Rosencreutz"?? (an allegorical manuscript published in 1616) I don't know the correct title of the game. Probably a homebrew one put on as part of a compilation. Does anybody recollect it also? Is it available as a snapshot?

All I can remember is that you started off in a deep dark pit and had to somehow climb out by grasping a swinging rope or chain... I haven't seen or heard of this adventure in years - but sure I am not imagining it. Mid-eighties, I think.

Regards,
catventure.
TAB is a free offline, downloadable, parser-based, retro text adventure/interactive fiction creator program for Windows XP and above. (32;64bit)
It is similar to popular 80's adventure creators like QUILL, PAW, STAC or GAC.
http://tab.thinbasic.com/
RMartins
Manic Miner

Post by RMartins »

PeterJ wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:16 pm If you get a chance to scan those @PaulJ they would be a great addition to the archives.
I second that.

Everytime you post one review, you could add the scan just after. :D
PaulJ
Microbot

Post by PaulJ »

PeterJ wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:16 pm If you get a chance to scan those @PaulJ they would be a great addition to the archives.
I checked a few years back and they were already 'available' so didn't bother.
Happy to scan them though.
Paul Jenkinson | The Spectrum Show & other stuff!
PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

Thanks [mention]PaulJ[/mention] that would be very useful.
Juan F. Ramirez
Bugaboo

Post by Juan F. Ramirez »

PeterJ wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:01 am Do any of our Spanish friends fancy doing something similar for the MicroHobby tapes?
That's a grest idea. I'll try it as soon as possible.
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

catventure wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:27 pm Hi,

Probably not the mag you discuss above but I seem to remember playing an old quilled text adventure from the 80's (think it was on a Spectrum magazine coverdisk) text only and based on the "Chymical Wedding of Christian Rosencreutz"?? (an allegorical manuscript published in 1616) I don't know the correct title of the game. Probably a homebrew one put on as part of a compilation. Does anybody recollect it also? Is it available as a snapshot?

All I can remember is that you started off in a deep dark pit and had to somehow climb out by grasping a swinging rope or chain... I haven't seen or heard of this adventure in years - but sure I am not imagining it. Mid-eighties, I think.

Regards,
catventure.
This one has been bothering me but I can't find it. There is a list of published Quill titles here but none of them leap out at me. It may not have been labelled with the quill as a feature of course, which opens up the opens somewhat...
Nomad
Manic Miner

Post by Nomad »

There needs to be more Rosicrucian inspired spectrum titles :lol:

All joking aside, that would have been an excellent book to base a text adventure on. The imagery is great and there is a clear progression to the narrative. (The 7 towers & 7 stories)..

The more I think on it, it is a wonder why there was not a modern remake of such a game. Not so much as a text adventure but with modern methods. 8-)
catventure
Drutt

Post by catventure »

Thank you for trying to locate it anyway. I'm not giving up on it just yet. If I ever discover it I will return and let you know the details. :)
Yes- could make a great story/quest for a new text adventure, I agree ;)

There seems to have been a new version of the original book by John Crowley in 2016... See
https://www.tor.com/2016/11/29/book-rev ... l-wedding/

Thanks,
catventure.
TAB is a free offline, downloadable, parser-based, retro text adventure/interactive fiction creator program for Windows XP and above. (32;64bit)
It is similar to popular 80's adventure creators like QUILL, PAW, STAC or GAC.
http://tab.thinbasic.com/