Every cover of Crash, in one image...

Y'know, other stuff, Sinclair related.
PeteProdge
Bugaboo

Every cover of Crash, in one image...

Post by PeteProdge »

Saw this on Twitter today...
Crash Magazine Cover Quilt by Lord Arse!, on Flickr
Reheated Pixels - a combination of retrogaming, comedy and factual musing, is here!
New video: Nine ZX Spectrum magazine controversies - How Crash, Your Sinclair and Sinclair User managed to offend the world!
5MinuteRetro
Manic Miner

Re: Every cover of Crash, in one image...

Post by 5MinuteRetro »

Dunno if I'm imagining it and/or if indicative of changing design trends more widely at the time but... there to my eye there seems to be a gradual change in overall colour tone from dark to light, as time goes on...
Last edited by 5MinuteRetro on Thu May 31, 2018 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Retro stuff, real quick
YouTube: http://bit.ly/5MinuteRetro
Twitter: https://twitter.com/5MinuteRetro
stupidget
Dynamite Dan

Post by stupidget »

Oli Frey probably had to reign it in a bit as the namby pampy pc brigagde started dictating what was good/bad for us in the late 80s early 90s. Compare the images for the Friday 13th or Barbarian covers to some of the later ones.

I remember that the last issue of Crash that I has was the one with LED Storm on the front :(
Dark
Dizzy

Post by Dark »

What amazes me is that the covers I remember really well, I assume from the ones I purchased, cover quite a short time span, basically a year and a half. Yet thinking back my memory is of Crash being a huge part of my early teens. Funny how great an impact things make on you at that age – probably why I now have such nostalgia for the Spectrum.
MatGubbins
Dynamite Dan

Post by MatGubbins »

stupidget wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 2:50 pm Oli Frey probably had to reign it in a bit as the namby pampy pc brigagde started dictating what was good/bad for us in the late 80s early 90s. Compare the images for the Friday 13th or Barbarian covers to some of the later ones.

I remember that the last issue of Crash that I has was the one with LED Storm on the front :(

Strange as it seems, looking at the covers the LED storm one was also the last one I remember buying. I may have bought the odd pamphlet edition, but I don't remember the covers. Your Sinclair was my mag to read.