Bugaboo

Re: Friday Quiz - backstories

Post by Juan F. Ramirez »

2 - Shadowfire?
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

Juan F. Ramirez wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:46 am 2 - Shadowfire?
Nope.

The game in question is very strange.
Ersh
Manic Miner

Post by Ersh »

Sarlmoor :)
5MinuteRetro
Manic Miner

Post by 5MinuteRetro »

R-Tape wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:59 am The game in question is very strange.
I did wonder before about Deus Ex Machina, because the copy sounds a bit like something Mel Croucher might've penned. Now I'm not so sure but Deus Ex Machine is certainly strange, so let's try that...
Retro stuff, real quick
YouTube: http://bit.ly/5MinuteRetro
Twitter: https://twitter.com/5MinuteRetro
Ast A. Moore
Rick Dangerous

Post by Ast A. Moore »

R-Tape wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:44 am I think 2 is too hard, so here's a bit more that at least hints at the game:
Underneath this dead sun, beyond the surface lizards, beyond the tunnel of death, lay the biologic power generators of the evil Vard. The Vard, in all their hideous guises, had harnessed a colony of infant Zorr, and subjected them to the terror of biologic power, long since outlawed in the civilised zones.
Wait, is this the one where you collect tapes?
Every man should plant a tree, build a house, and write a ZX Spectrum game.

Author of A Yankee in Iraq, a 50 fps shoot-’em-up—the first game to utilize the floating bus on the +2A/+3,
and zasm Z80 Assembler syntax highlighter.
Joefish
Rick Dangerous

Post by Joefish »

Errr - Strangeloop?
Ast A. Moore
Rick Dangerous

Post by Ast A. Moore »

Rogue Trooper
Every man should plant a tree, build a house, and write a ZX Spectrum game.

Author of A Yankee in Iraq, a 50 fps shoot-’em-up—the first game to utilize the floating bus on the +2A/+3,
and zasm Z80 Assembler syntax highlighter.
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

While it could easily have been Horace goes Skiiing, Peter Shilton, Fred's Fan Factory or Mr Wong's Loopy Laundry, the answers is in fact:
Ersh wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:19 pmSarlmoor :)
Yep! That is one barking mad, slightly scary game. All done, drop me a PM if you've got an idea for a Friday Quiz™ and want to take next week's slot.
1 - You control this mutant creature who will stop at nothing to satisfy its only driving life force ... INSATIABLE, FEROCIOUS, VIOLENT HUNGER SQIJ
2 - It has been blue once, this sun. As blue as ice, and as hot as Satan's Heart.. Sarlmoor
3 - The sort of town where rebuilding means a new coat of paint, and where people queue up to queue up for a job! Urban Upstart
4 - For countless nights I have slept chained to trees to keep my deathly curse at bay, but now I am here.. Knight Lore
5 - Your mother, The Android Queen, has been badly damaged in an accident. Your father has been locked in a fridge with evil spirits by your mother. (Nice family eh!). Soft & Cuddly
6 - From the moment that Captain Xod's face appeared out of the static on the communicator, you knew he was in trouble. Xenon
7 - Thou fallest asleep in the 20th century and awake in the time of King Arthur and Camelot. Camelot Warriors
8 - Your plane crashlands in the dense jungle some distance from the headquarters. After deciding whether to go it alone or attempt the rescue together you set off. Ikari Warriors
9 - Out in the farthest reaches of our Galaxy there lives a rare creature known as the Tasty Space Griffin. Star Paws