Sinclair A-Bike

Y'know, other stuff, Sinclair related.
Spud
Manic Miner

Re: Sinclair A-Bike

Post by Spud »

What diameter are the wheels? I generally skateboard to work, several miles a day, on 65mm wheels. They're meant for cruising long distance and they work a treat, but those on the A-bike look much larger. Surely it can't be that bad?

Looking at the picture, the main problem is definitely something that several trips to Byron Burgers would fix.
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

Spud wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:56 pm What diameter are the wheels? I generally skateboard to work, several miles a day, on 65mm wheels. They're meant for cruising long distance and they work a treat, but those on the A-bike look much larger. Surely it can't be that bad?
I think mine is the 6" version (there's also an 8"), but I don't have it with me to check. I don't think it can be compared to a skateboard. Having 4, albeit smaller, wheels will help you over a lot of obstacles - and falling off a skateboard is easier if I remember correctly!

It'll get easier with practice, but IMO the stakes are too high to use this contraption on the road.
Looking at the picture, the main problem is definitely something that several trips to Byron Burgers would fix.
Hehe, we don't have that chain up here, but I'm no stranger to Greggs (cheeky git :mrgreen: )
MatGubbins
Dynamite Dan

Post by MatGubbins »

Juan F. Ramirez
Bugaboo

Post by Juan F. Ramirez »

R-Tape posting a pic of himself riding an unicycle would made my day! :lol:
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

I tried to use the A-Bike on a proper 2 mile commute yesterday: fell off once, nearly fell off thrice. It's properly unsafe.

Still, it fits nicely in the racking on the train.