The ZX Spectrum Explored by Tim Hartnell

Stuff for sale or wanted, hopefully MEGA+@rare!!!, or commercial projects
PROSM
Manic Miner

Re: The ZX Spectrum Explored by Tim Hartnell

Post by PROSM »

Right, finally got around to finishing off the type-ins. I had a long break of about a month when I came across the listing for Jack-man - it was just this huge monstrous block of PRINT statements for the first two pages!

Anyway, here's a link for the download:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/za8blh5m5ati0 ... s.zip?dl=0

I've provided a TAP image of each listing labelled in the contents section of the book, and also screenshots for each of them (except the ones that don't display anything) so that they can be rapidly sorted for preservation in ZXDB. I've tried my best to get everything formatted exactly as it is in the book, but I've probably made one or two little slips here and there (believe it or not, reading from listings produced on a ZX Printer is not easy :P ), so I might release revised tape images if I find mistakes.

Now to actually scan the book itself.
All software to-date
Working on something, as always.
hikoki
Manic Miner

Post by hikoki »

Let us know how you end up scanning the book.

As an experiment, I uploaded this pdf book to archive.org
https://archive.org/download/CrackingTh ... ZXSpectrum
I recommend the freeware program pdf-xchange viewer to add OCR to the original pdf file before uploading it.
Archive.org will generate ocr (besides other files like a jpg zipped folder) automatically though the ocr is just available when reading online, so it is best that you add ocr to the original file which can be downloadd as you can see on the links above.
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

PROSM wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:31 pm Right, finally got around to finishing off the type-ins. I had a long break of about a month when I came across the listing for Jack-man - it was just this huge monstrous block of PRINT statements for the first two pages!
Amazing dedication! Cheers PROSM. Ta for providing them in such a clear way. I probably won't get manage to them collated in time for the upcoming update, but if not it will be the following one.

EDIT - how do we think these should be presented?

-A different ZXDB ID for every type in, and linked as a group?
-or all under 1 ID, under the title "ZX-Spectrum Explored"?