Need some info

Stuff for sale or wanted, hopefully MEGA+@rare!!!, or commercial projects
Honestry
Drutt

Need some info

Post by Honestry »

Hi guys. New to the forum even though a lover of spectrum. (Especially by boyhood +2)

I'm looking to start collecting to rekindle that love but I'm at a loss at what games are worth. Is there a website that has relevant prices?

A fella close to me is selling a bunch of games for £2 each and I was looking for more info as I didn't want to pay too much if I can get cheaper elsewhere.Heres a link to what he is selling. Any info would be great

ah, I can't post a link. Here's pics

8BitAG
Dynamite Dan

Re: Need some info

Post by 8BitAG »

If you are on Facebook (and I can easily understand why you might choose not to be) then I recommend the groups Sinclair Sales and Sinclair for Sale for a good indication of non-eBay prices.

Plenty in what you've posted that are worth £2, some that are bargains for £2 and some... like Make a Chip... that people can't give away... (they're often used as packing material). :)

Was there something in particular that you were interested in that lot? It's probably a bit much to ask for each one to be individually evaluated. Or are you thinking of buying the lot?
8-bit Text Adventure Gamer - games - research.
Honestry
Drutt

Post by Honestry »

I'm thinking maybe buy the lot. If I can get a good price. :)
Morkin
Bugaboo

Post by Morkin »

I reckon £2 a game is OK for most of those, you'd possibly get them cheaper in a bigger lot (e.g. 99p rather than £1.99) but if you can pick and choose you can just get the games you want to actually play. :) I think there are 48? Games there, £96 seems quite a lot for them all but not ridiculous I suppose.

Also I'd be a bit wary of anything advertised as untested (sold as seen), so if the tapes haven't been checked and you can't return them for a refund I would only really want to pay a quid rather than 2. But that's probably just me...

Like 8BitAG says some of the early Sinclair tapes that came with the Speccy are so plentiful (and TBH a bit crap), they've become a bit of a running eBay gag, and I've been avoiding them personally, e.g. Make a chip, Chequered Flag, Chess, Scrabble. Though I suppose you could use them as blank tapes... :D
My Speccy site: thirdharmoniser.com
PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

The MicroSpeech is probably £15 - £20?

Are you buying the games to collect, or because you want to play them?

Also depends if they are the style of game you like. Maybe buy a couple check they work, then buy more.

As others have said you won't get an individual value for every item, if that was what you were hoping for. You could go on eBay and search for sold items if you wanted to spend an afternoon doing that.

Although I have physical hardware, I prefer using a modern device such as a DivMMC to load games. Apart from the mega rare stuff, I don't see the attraction in tapes, unless it's a title you particularly love, or a modern title that you can't purchase in a different format. Each to their own though.

Edit: Quick look on eBay and Cauldron one and two together went for £9.99.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/293537100269

PS. Edited your post title slightly
Juan F. Ramirez
Bugaboo

Post by Juan F. Ramirez »

If you can't finally get the lot, if I were you, I'd try to get:

- Cauldron
- Chequered Flag
- Android Two
- Chess
Morkin
Bugaboo

Post by Morkin »

Really? I'd go for:

Dark Star
Android 2
Future Games
Cauldron
...and maybe Monty on the Run

I'd probably also have the Currah Speech unit just for fun, and possibly the Ram Turbo interface (though I prefer keyboard to joystick). But only if they work... :D
My Speccy site: thirdharmoniser.com