FOR SALE Opus Discovery 1 Disk Drive for ZX Spectrum

Stuff for sale or wanted, hopefully MEGA+@rare!!!, or commercial projects
Hamzig101
Drutt

FOR SALE Opus Discovery 1 Disk Drive for ZX Spectrum

Post by Hamzig101 »

Hi

I'm new to this (sorry) and have an old Opus Discovery 1 Disk Drive for ZX Spectrum+ keyboard which we found in my grandfathers house when clearing it out. Does anyone know how to test it to see if it works (i'm not techy at all) or if i were to sell it, how much it would sell for? Or is anyone interested in buying it?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you
sarahk99
Drutt

Re: FOR SALE Opus Discovery 1 Disk Drive for ZX Spectrum

Post by sarahk99 »

Hi

I'm new to this (sorry) and have an old Opus Discovery 1 Disk Drive for ZX Spectrum+ keyboard which we found in my grandfathers house when clearing it out. Does anyone know how to test it to see if it works (i'm not techy at all) or if i were to sell it, how much it would sell for? Or is anyone interested in buying it?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you
good day
start just by plugging it in and check out if it’s still got power
Hi there, I think that this information could really help you in future projects
Hedge1970
Manic Miner

Post by Hedge1970 »

Not a huge amount of interest in these. Never understood it myself, I think they are a great piece of history. Ebay is where you'll sell it, just search for sold items and youll get a feel for what you have. Proven working, boxed and with all the paper work I would expect £130 - £180, outside of that perfect condition £50-£100 depending on the day. Before you ask I have a perfect working condition one so not interested sry :lol:
1024MAK
Bugaboo

Post by 1024MAK »

Testing the ZX SPECTRUM + on its own is fairly straightforward.

Do you have the original Sinclair power supply unit?

You will also need the TV aerial lead (assuming you still have a TV that can receive analogue UHF TV channels). The ZX Spectrum + produces a TV signal around about transmission channel 36 (around 591.25 MHz). Auto search is not very helpful as it normally can’t find the signal, so you will have to use the manual tuning and fine tuning controls.

You are looking for an all white screen (may look like light grey) with black text near the bottom that has “Copyright Sinclair Research” near the bottom.

If you then press any key apart from one of the shift keys, numbers, symbols, words or letters should be displayed or the arrow keys should move the cursor.

Mark
:!: Standby alert :!:
“There are four lights!”
Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb :dance
Looking forward to summer later in the year.
PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

Since the OP dates back to July, I would imagine its either been sold or thrown, but lets see.
1024MAK
Bugaboo

Post by 1024MAK »

D'oh! :oops:
:!: Standby alert :!:
“There are four lights!”
Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb :dance
Looking forward to summer later in the year.
Hedge1970
Manic Miner

Post by Hedge1970 »

PeterJ wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 3:03 pm Since the OP dates back to July, I would imagine its either been sold or thrown, but lets see.
Oops got carried away as my glasses misted up with the mention of an Opus :lol: :lol: